Texas McCombs MS BA
Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essay | Interview Questions
Texas McCombs MS BA is a 10-month program that will show you how to harness vast amounts of data and use it to inform business decision-making. Graduates from the Master of Science in Business Analytics will be prepared to leverage statistical analysis, data mining, natural language processing, optimization, and machine learning to address business management issues in finance, marketing, and supply chain management. Scroll down for further information on Texas McCombs MS BA Average GMAT, Texas McCombs MS BA Class Profile, Texas McCombs MS BA Application process, employment report, Texas McCombs MS BA fees, and more.
Students in the Business Analytics program can expect:
- Support and recruitment from industry leaders like Walmart, Dell, and Deloitte Consulting among others
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) eligible program hosted at one of the top-ranked data analytics Master’s degree programs
- Incredible networking opportunities and industry connections
- Curriculum pathway options, including tracks in Financial Analytics and Supply Chain & Marketing Analytics
- A career development team with an outstanding record for helping students prepare for careers in data analytics
Texas McCombs MS BA Class Profile brings together diverse students with different goals in its portfolio. Graduates from the Master of Science in Business Analytics will be prepared to leverage statistical analysis, data mining, natural language processing, optimization, and machine learning to address business management issues in finance, marketing, and supply chain management. McCombs graduates can extract business insights from structured and unstructured data and turn them into practical recommendations to improve business results.
WHO IS IT FOR?
McCombs’s MS in Business Analytics is for people who see the possibilities and the power of using data to support decision making. Detailed, precise thinkers who know that good business depends on getting – and understanding – reliable information.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
McCombs’s MS in Business Analytics will help you to identify, collect, analyze, interpret, and transform data to drive value and innovation. You’ll use Python and R, as well as standard data science libraries and tools.
WHERE WILL IT TAKE YOU?
Common new graduate roles for the Texas McCombs MS BA class profile include:
Data Scientists, Analytics Consultants, Business Intelligence Consultants, Big Data Analytics Officers, Data Solutions Architects
Texas McCombs MS BA Program
Texas MS BA Review
|Program Starts||September 2020|
|FT Global MS BA 2020 Ranking||#4|
|Texas McCombs MS BA Fees||Texas Residents- $43,000
Non-Texas Resident & International- $48,000
|Texas McCombs MS BA Application Deadlines||21 October to 1 June (For intermediate deadlines see application deadline section)|
|Texas McCombs MS BA Application Process||· GMAT/GRE
· One-page resume
· 3 letters of recommendation
· English language proficiency test report (IELTS/TOEFL)
· Video essay (For more details see application process section)
Texas McCombs MS BA Students Academic Backgrounds
Texas McCombs Placements by sector
|Round 1||21 Oct 2019|
|Round 2 & Final international applicant deadline||27 Jan 2020|
|Round 3 Domestic & Permanent applicants residents only||23 Mar 2020|
|Round 4 Domestic & Permanent applicants residents only||4 May 2020|
|Final Round||1 June 2020|
Eligibility for Texas McCombs MS BA Application Process
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative field from an accredited institution
- University coursework or professional experience in computer programming is required; knowledge of C, C++, or Java (with a focus on object-oriented programming) is preferred. Those admitted to the program are strongly encouraged to learn Python prior to beginning the program. Coursework in Linear Algebra and Statistics is strongly recommended.
- Coursework in Linear Algebra and Statistics is strongly recommended for a competitive application
- Strong communication skills and motivation
- Upper-division GPA of 3.0 or higher
- No work experience required, though students with work, leadership, and/or professional development experience are encouraged to apply
Documents required for Texas McCombs MS BA Application Process
- All sections within online application filled to the entirety
- Official transcripts uploaded in PDF format
- GRE or GMAT scores*
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for all international applicants*
- Personal essays
- Three letters of recommendation (2 should be from faculty)
- One-minute video essay (strongly recommended)
* All applicants must submit official GRE or GMAT scores that are less than five years old. We do not waive this requirement for applicants with work experience. The GMAT Code for MSBA is now: 396-44-73. The GRE code is 6882.
* International students must also submit an official report of the TOEFL or IELTS with scores no older than two years. If the admissions committee requires further information about a candidate, an interview may be requested through Skype.
Applicants have the opportunity to apply to more than one Master of Science Program for a single application fee. You will be able to indicate your interest in multiple programs within any of the Master of Science Program applications.
The Texas McCombs MS Business Analytics program fees:
- Texas Residents- $43,000
- Non-Texas Resident & International- $48,000
A non-refundable $2,000 deposit is required once an applicant accepts our offer of admission to secure a seat in the program. This deposit is credited toward your overall program costs.
There are a limited number of scholarships available to Texas MS Program students. All Texas MS Program applicants are automatically considered for these opportunities; no separate application is necessary. Scholarships are considered separately within each degree program.
Financial aid for international students, including loans and merit-based assistance, is very limited. International students who apply should be prepared to finance the entire period of the proposed study from personal funds. Please note that in addition to program tuition and fees, international students are responsible for health insurance fees and the ISSS student support fees.
All international applicants who plan to enroll at The University of Texas at Austin in F-1 or J-1 status must submit the Certification of Financial Responsibility Form even if they are currently living in the United States. Questions regarding the completion of the form should be directed to [email protected] (please note that the Certification of Financial Responsibility form is used for immigration document processing, not for admissions purposes–therefore, the form is not required for the completion of an admissions application).
Also Read: ESSEC & CentraleSupelec MS BA Program
Texas McCombs’s MS in Business Analytics Sample Essays
We will learn a lot about your professional background through your résumé and letter of recommendation. We want to get to know you further. Please introduce yourself?
This is the seventh year running that McCombs has asked applicants to introduce themselves in some context, as part of the essay section of the application, and the sixth year that they’ve offered the option of doing so via video profile. This would suggest that the adcom has been pleased with the information this prompt has yielded.
We’ll comment a bit more on the format in a bit. In terms of content, this essay allows the adcom to assess how prospective students would present themselves, requiring applicants to reflect carefully on the aspects of their backgrounds that they consider most interesting and valuable. We also strongly encourage applicants to use this opportunity to showcase elements of their personalities and candidacies that they will not have the chance to address in their responses to the other application essay. Perhaps you have a particularly interesting accomplishment or hobby to share, or an aspect of your heritage or hometown of which you’re especially proud. Finally, it will be important to pay attention to the balance of content in your introduction. The most effective responses to this question will portray the applicant as sincere, well-rounded, likable, and excited about McCombs.
As for medium, the video option provides an opportunity to make a vivid impression through visual communication. It also shows the admissions committee that one is willing to invest the time and effort to create something just for the UT Austin application, underscoring one’s investment in gaining admission to McCombs. Applicants whose leisure activities or workplace roles lend themselves well to film might do well to consider the video option.
All of that said, while taking risks in the admissions process is often worthwhile, you don’t want to step so far out of your comfort zone that you ultimately don’t make a good impression (this seems especially possible for camera-shy applicants attempting the video option). Candidates choosing to submit an essay will want to use their 250 words wisely to give the reader a sense of who they are and how they would enhance the McCombs community.
Please provide any additional information you believe is important and/or address any areas of concern that will be beneficial to the Admissions Committee in considering your application (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic performance, or extenuating personal circumstances). (250 words)
Both the tone of this prompt and the examples of potential topics the candidate might address suggest that this essay will be best used to address liabilities or extenuating circumstances related to one’s application rather than to provide “bonus” information to the adcom. Candidates with questionable quantitative records, gaps in employment, or unusual recommenders should take advantage of this opportunity to offer explanations or outline plans to address potential issues. As is always the case with this sort of response, the comments in this essay should be straightforward and fact-focused, offering explanations without making excuses and humbly suggesting other areas of your candidacy that might compensate for identified weaknesses.