Oxford Said MIF Interviews
Oxford Said MIF interviews, since they are conducted by the admissions committee, tend to be highly personalized and based on your whole application.
During the interview, the interviewer is also trying to gauge how solid your motivations for wanting to pursue Master in Finance are and how interested you seem in the Oxford program.
Interviewers often ask many standard interview questions, as well as questions designed to test just how collaborative you really are. You can also expect numerous follow-up questions. If you are unable to travel to Oxford or a hub city, you may request a Skype interview. If you complete your interview via Skype, your application will not in any way suffer. Not a blind interview and interview process will last for 30 minutes.
Oxford Said MIF Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself?
- What do you do in your current job?
- Can you briefly speak about your childhood and your upbringing?
- Can you tell me about one memorable event from your childhood?
- What do your parents do and where do they live?
- Why did you choose your university?
- What was your undergraduate experience like?
- What are your short-term and long-term career goals?
- Name three firms you would like to work at after your MIF.
- Why did you quit your previous job?
- Why do you want Finance?
- Why now?
- Why Oxford?
- Why Not MBA?
- What will you bring to Oxford?
- What excites you the most about Oxford?
- What other schools have you applied for? If you get into all of them, how will you choose where to go?
- Have you visited campus? Spoken with alumni?
Oxford Said MIF Interview Questions – 1
Application-based interview lasted about 30 minutes.
(1) Why Finance? Why now?
(2) Why Oxford? Have you visited Oxford?
(3) Tell me about a time when you faced an obstacle in your career.
(4) Tell me about a time when you had to convince others to follow your lead.
(5) Any questions about the program or Oxford?
Interviewer had thoroughly read my resume and application. Felt more like a conversation than an interview. I expected curve-ball questions, but a very straight-forward process. Nothing that surprised me.
Oxford Said MIF Interview Questions – 2
My interview is with an admission rep via Skype
Total time is 1 hour, has 2 parts: 40 minutes for questions about me, and 15 minutes for me to ask questions.
Questions are composed of 4 areas:
- Standard questions: why Finance, why Oxford
- My academic profile: if I used any GMAT training program, what my GPA is
- My work experience: if I have led a team, describe a time I have to convince people of my idea, describe a time I resolve conflict in a team (and what I would do differently if it happened again), if I have worked in different countries.
- My career aspiration: what I intend to do after completing the course. Then I was asked some more questions like: why I am suitable for this role.
Questions for Oxford: here I asked a couple of questions about the career centre, Consulting Career Workshop (Oxford’s new initiative).
In summary it was a fairly alright interview, however I’ve received the result and it was a Ding! Not sure why, but I expect it may be something to do with yield protection (I was asked if I’ve applied elsewhere, and which stage I was up to, I said LBS and up to the interview stage).