ESSEC & CentraleSupélec MS BA
Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essay | Interview Questions
ESSEC & CentraleSupélec MS BA Introduction
ESSEC MS BA Class Profile brings together diverse students with different goals in its portfolio. The Master combines faculty resources of a Business School and an Engineering School, in Paris and Singapore, to provide a unique one-year intensive program –or two years program, depending on the previous degree and professional experience- for students with educational backgrounds in economics, management, mathematics or sciences. For a global understanding of the challenges underlying the digital era and to master the science of data and the techniques of business analytics, the program has a strong scientific focus and aims to provide students with a comprehensive view of these complementary and intrinsically linked fields, enabling them to develop as fully-operational professionals. Scroll down for further information on ESSEC MS BA Average GMAT, ESSEC MS BA Class Profile, ESSEC MS BA Application process, employment report, ESSEC MS BA Fees, and more.
ESSEC Business School MS BA Features:
|Unique Hybrid Program
Joint fully hybrid program from most prestigious Engineering & Business institutions in Europe.
Awarded in QS ranking as #3 best program worldwide & #1 in Europe.
Master degree accredited by French Ministry of Education.
Data Sciences, Business Analytics, Digital Strategy.
Professional experience, internship, digital workshop, international field trip, Business Game, Corporate Research Project, entrepreneurship modules, masterclasses.
|International & Top-Notch Faculty
Faculty with a national and international recognition; 100% of involved faculty holds a Ph.D. and an extensive research track record. Some of our professors are global leading experts in their fields.
|Industry & Companies connections
Company visits e.g. international field trips (i.e Berlin, Dublin, Hong Kong, with visits to Google, IBM, etc.), seminars, fairs, career services from both institutions.
|Centers of Excellence & Research
Digital Vision Center (computer vision, machine learning & optimization, biomedical image analysis), modules (Financial Analytics, Advanced FinTech, Entrepreneurship…
WHO IS IT FOR?
ESSEC Master in Business Analytics is for people who see the possibilities and the power of using data to support decision making. Detailed, precise thinkers who know that good business depends on getting – and understanding – reliable information.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
ESSEC Master in Business Analytics will help you to develop the ability to identify, collect, analyze, interpret, and transform data to drive value and innovation. You’ll use Python and R, as well as standard data science libraries and tools. And you’ll work in multidisciplinary groups in collaboration with world-leading companies.
WHERE WILL IT TAKE YOU?
Common new graduate roles for the ESSEC MS BA class profile include:
Data Scientists, Analytics Consultants, Business Intelligence Consultants, Big Data Analytics Officers, Data Solutions Architects
ESSEC MS BA Program
ESSEC MS BA Review
|Program Starts||September 2020|
|Duration||1 or 2 Years|
|Location||France & Singapore|
|QS World Global MSc BA 2020 Ranking||#3|
|ESSEC MS BA Fees||€23,000|
|ESSEC MS BA Application Deadlines||October 25 to 28 May (For intermediate deadlines see application deadline section)|
|ESSEC MS BA Application Process||· GMAT/GRE, TAGE-MAGE, CAT
· One-page resume
· 2 Letter of recommendation
· English language proficiency test report (IELTS/TOEFL/)
(For more details see application process section)
. Motivational Letter (For more details see application process section)
ESSEC & CentraleSupélec MS BA Program & Curriculum
For holders of a Master degree, a 4-year Bachelor degree or a 3-year Bachelor degree with one year minimim of relevant professional experience. In FRANCE - ESSEC France Campus and CentraleSupélec Campus.
For holders of a 3-year Bachelor's degree without professional experience.
- Year 1: In FRANCE - ESSEC France Campus and CentraleSupélec Campus
- Year 2: Join the one-year program
- Big Data Algorithms, Techniques and Platforms
- Foundations of Optimization
- Foundations of Machine Learning
- Forecasting & Predictive Analytics
- Big Data Analytics
- Marketing Analytics
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Advanced coding
- Statistical Inference
- Management control
- Operations Management
CORPORATE RESEARCH PROJECT
A Corporate Research Project spans October-March. Students work in teams to solve key strategic questions posed by partner companies using their proprietary data, enabling students to gain valuable insights and become directly operational. This project boosts their career prospects.
INTERNATIONAL FIELD TRIP
The International Field Trip is a one-week trip to meet key actors, local professionals and business leaders all over the world, and confront your knowledge to best practices and emerging applications of analytics developing in other countries. Students may travel to Hong-Kong, Silicon Valley, etc.
ESSEC & CentraleSupélec MS BA Placements
ESEEC & CentraleSupélec MS BA Placements Facts
- 74% found their job within 1 month of graduation
- 93% found their job within 4 months of graduation
- 100% within 6 months
- 80% have an international-oriented job
- 18% created their own company
- US$ 69,000 Average starting salary
ESSEC & CentraleSupélec Alumni Info
ESSEC Business School Alumni already has 55 000 graduates with diverse profiles dispersed in all corners of the world: 60 countries. With unique personalities, they share a common goal, to achieve their career objectives. CentraleSupélec has a network of 35,500 active graduates in all sectors around the world. With its international coverage across 4 campuses (Paris-Saclay and Beijing)
ESSEC Placements by Functions & Sector
Application deadlines for the academic year starting September 2020 are below.
|Round 1||25 Oct 2019||29 Nov 2019|
|Round 2||7 Jan 2020||14 Feb 2020|
|Round 3||3 Mar 2020||10 Apr 2020|
|Round 4||28 Apr 2020||28 May 2020|
ESSEC & CentraleSupélec MS BA Application Process
Eligibility for ESSEC MS BA Application Process
- Holders of a Master’s degree, a 4-year Bachelor’s degree or a 3-year Bachelor’s degree with one year minimum of relevant professional experience, the duration of the program is 1 year.
- Holders of a 3-year Bachelor’s degree, or a Licence 3 en Economie/ Gestion/ Informatique/ Mathématiques/ Sciences, and no relevant professional experience, the duration of the program is 2 years.
- GMAT/GRE, TAGE-MAGE, CAT
- TOEFL iBT minimum score of 95
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5
- Cambridge minimum score of 175
- TOEIC minimum score of 850
Documents required for ESSEC MS BA Application Process
- Online application form
- Motivation letter (1-page max)
- Authenticated copies of official degrees since high school
- Authenticated transcripts and degree certificates
- 2 recommendation letters (one academic & one professional)
- GMAT/GRE score report (copy)
- TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge score report (copy)
- 1 identity card (passport)
- 1 photograph
- Non-refundable application fee of 100 €
- All documents must be provided in English or French
ESSEC & CentraleSupélec MS BA FEES
|1 Year Program||Amount|
Valid for 2020-2021 Academic Year
|Deposit/Admin Fee: Non-refundable and paid within two weeks from the day of admission|
Remaining tuition: payable before August 31
|2 Year Program||Amount|
|TOTAL TUITION Year 1|
Valid for 2020-2021 Academic Year
|Deposit/ Admin Fee: Non-refundable and paid within two weeks from the day of admission|
Remaining tuition: payable before August 31
|TOTAL TUITION Year 2|
Payable before August 31 and may be subject to change
ESSEC Master in Business Analytics Funding
ESSEC Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Description: To sustain the academic excellence of the program, ESSEC Business School offers scholarships to the most outstanding candidates.
- Eligibility: Open to all applicants and awarded on the basis of the overall quality of their application i.e. academic excellence demonstrated in the file, excellent GMAT score, etc.
- Amount: Can cover up to 50% of total tuition fees.
- Procedure: Scholarship decisions are made during the application procedure. There is no additional application to fill out or request to make. Selected students will be notified upon being offered a place on the program.
3M’s Women Data Sciences Scholarship
- Description: Since 2020, ESSEC’s partnership with the 3M Foundation will allow female students admitted to the Master in Business Analytics to receive a scholarship.
- Eligibility: All female students admitted to Master in Data Sciences & Business Analytics are eligible.
- Amount: Up to 50% of total tuition fees.
- Procedure: ESSEC will submit applications to the 3M Foundation on behalf of the admitted female students from the program. Shortlisted candidates to the scholarship will be contacted for an interview with the 3M Foundation.
Diversity of geography and profiles
- Description: Varied cultural perspectives and backgrounds enhance the education and experience of all our students as well as being a key factor in the excellence of our programs. With this in mind, ESSEC Business School seeks to create further diversity in its already diverse student body.
- Eligibility: Be a citizen of a country in one of the following regions: Asia, Asia-Pacific, Africa, Europe (except France), North America, and South America.
- Amount: Up to 30% of the total tuition fees.
- Procedure: Scholarship decisions are made during the application procedure. They are awarded to applicants having demonstrated both academic excellence and a strong international background in their application file. Selected students will be notified upon being offered a place on the program.
LIFE Lebanon Scholarship
- Description: A platform to channel the influence of Lebanese finance executives worldwide in order to establish stronger bonds, nurture the next generation, and promote Lebanon.
- Eligibility: Candidate must be Lebanese or of Lebanese descent, achieve and maintain academic excellence, demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in Finance, and must be in financial need.
- Amount: Up to 12 000 USD per year for the duration of the academic program.
- Procedure: ESSEC submits applications for LIFE scholarships on your behalf.
- Description: The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs funds the EIFFEL scholarship.
- Eligibility: Reserved for non-French candidates, double nationality included, no older than 30 years old at the time the selection committee will meet (around mid-March).
- Amount: A monthly allowance of €1,181 and covered costs of one international return journey and social security cover.
- Procedure: ESSEC submits applications for EIFFEL scholarships on your behalf. Your application should be completed and submitted therefore in the first round of applications.
As an ESSEC Business School student, you can take out a preferential rate bank loan, which covers full tuition and is repaid starting at the end of your first year of work.
Loan applicants are required to have a guarantor living in France. According to the banks, the guarantor must earn enough to cover the monthly loan payments but also either be a French citizen, a close family member, and/or both. Additional fees and expenses will be the responsibility of the student.
International Students from 150 different nationalities admitted to the MSc in Data Sciences & Business Analytics may now apply to Prodigy Finance loans. Contrary to the banks in France, Prodigy does not require collateral or co-signer. These loans are granted on the student’s future earning potential and does not take into account credit history. Students may apply online on the Prodigy website. There is no hidden fee or early repayment fee. Interest rates may vary depending on individual profiles. Funds are directly disbursed to the school in euro (€) so no exchange rates are borne by the student. Disbursement starts from September and loan application processing time may go up to a month and a half. The sooner you apply, the better. We advise you to read carefully the Prodigy website to check your eligibility before applying.
Other funding options
ESSEC Business School employs its’ students in a wide variety of functions which can help towards everyday living costs. These are part-time short-term contracts in for example assisting teachers, carrying out market research, helping out at conferences and events, contributing to social media, etc.
ESSEC Master in Business Analytics Sample Essays Tips
Provide to the Admission Committee any relevant additional information? (not already detailed in the rest of your application)(maximum 400 words)
Answering this question requires strenuous effort since nearly all your profile has been revealed through the SOP and first essay question.
This is your opportunity to take the lid off from your unrevealed experiences. For example- low grades, gap year, significant medical/health issues, etc. This way you can subtly present to the admission committee a few weaknesses or challenges you faced while reflecting their impact on your demeanor. Alternatively, you may also talk about some achievements or experiences in detail that you feel highlights a particular aspect of your personality.
Many students overlook the context of the question and end up sharing monotonous incidents. Therefore, we recommend applicants to bear in mind that schools appreciate unique essay answers.