HEC Paris MIF Interviews
In the HEC Paris MIF Interview process, HEC asks candidates who are invited to interview to make a short 10-minute presentation on a subject of their choice. This is an opportunity to showcase your composure and clarity of thought, ability to deliver a coherent argument or explanation and to express both creativity and passion in your presentation. It does not have to relate to your job or career – in fact, some of the best presentations don’t – but it should be a subject that is relevant to you, and that you can communicate well to the interviewer. It’s also important that you keep your presentation short – five or six slides should be plenty, including the introductory slide. What you want to do in 10 short minutes is impress a concept or new way of thinking to your interviewer and show how you have come to a specific conclusion or observation. Keep it engaging and interesting, too – the more memorable, the better.
HEC Paris MIF Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why did you choose this particular industry?
- Tell me about a time when you failed?
- Details about finances and how do you expect to repay the loan (In general, he was testing if I have thought about my alternatives and if I genuinely feel HEC is the answer for me or not. He was only looking at my clarity of thought, whether I have assessed my worst case scenarios and If i have enough information about the school, visa process and constraints etc.)?
- What impact do you think the internet has had on networking and connecting to people?
- Tell me about your greatest professional/Personal achievement?
- Why HEC?
- What is your short-term goal after MIF or 5-year goal? What is your long-term goal?
- What makes you think you would be able to fit into this industry, considering that it is not entirely related to your background?
- What is your level of competency in French? Are you willing to learn the language, and how soon can you accomplish this?
- Have you evaluated career prospectplms? What are your career goals and what are you planning to reach those goals and how HEC can help?
- Do you plan to stay in Europe after graduation & Why?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your post-MIF plans and goals?
- How can you add value to our class? Why should we select you and not anyone else?
- Many Asian students do not find employment in France or Europe; assuming this happens to you, what is your backup plan?
- Why do you think that online platforms are less effective?
- Had a long discussion on renewable energy in India
- Do you have any questions for us?
HEC Paris MIF Interview Questions – 1
I had 2 interviews with HEC Alums: 1 Telephonic and 1 Skype.
Telephonic Interview was with a 2011 Alum (Engagement Manager with Accenture)
1- The interview was a short one ~ 25 min without the 10 min ppt that I was supposed to present during the interview.
The questions were pretty much inline with those mentioned in the guide.
2- Tell me about yourself?
3- Why Finance? Why Now?
4- Why HEC?
5- 1 Strength and 1 Weakness
6- I come from an Oil & Gas background, so what are the innovations/technologies that major oil firms are focused on.
Overall, the interview was not really a conversational one and the interviewer seemed a little short on time.
ESADE MIM Interview Questions – 2
Skype Interview was with a recent alum.
The interview was more conversational and was ~70 minutes.
The interview started with me presenting the ppt.
Questions were based on the ppt itself and in the end I had to summarize why I chose the topic.
Interview questions were again the standard ones:
1- Tell me about yourself?
2- Why Finance? Why Now? Why HEC?
3- Strengths and Weaknesses?
4- What is your leadership style?
5- Since you are leading the team, What is it that your teammates like about you or hate about you?
There was not a lot of cross questioning and the entire interview was really engaging.