University of Edinburgh MSc BA
Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essay | Interview Questions
University of Edinburgh MSc BA programme in Business Analytics plays an important role in responding to this ever-increasing demand for analysts with business insight. In this programme, students will gain a critical understanding of diverse business environments, problems, and processes. You will learn how business analytics drives improvement, innovation, and entrepreneurial action. Through exposure to live business tasks, you’ll be challenged and made ready for this flourishing job market. Scroll down for further information on Edinburgh MSc BA Average GMAT, Edinburgh MSc BA Class Profile, Edinburgh MSc BA Application process, employment report, Edinburgh MSc BA fees, and more.
This programme runs for one academic year, starting in mid-September and ending in August. At the start of the programme, students study compulsory courses, which are undertaken in semester one. These are the foundation upon which the whole MSc is built and ensure a common basis of knowledge across the different areas. A comprehensive Welcome Week provides an introduction to the programme, the School, and the University. Designed to be both informative and fun, it enables students to get acquainted with other classmates.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Edinburgh MSc in Business Analytics is for people who see the possibilities and the power of using data to support decision making. Detailed, precise thinkers who know that good business depends on getting – and understanding – reliable information.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Edinburgh MSc in Business Analytics will help you to learn the skills to ensure that processes run smoothly, particularly in the face of challenges and opportunities arising from the global reach of the business.
WHERE WILL IT TAKE YOU?
Common new graduate roles for the Edinburgh MSc BA class profile include:
Data Scientists, Analytics Consultants, Business Intelligence Consultants, Big Data Analytics Officers, Data Solutions Architects
University of Edinburgh MSc BA Review
|Program Starts||September 2020|
|Duration||One academic year (starting in mid-September and ending in August)|
|QS World Global MS BA 2020 Ranking||#10|
|University of Edinburgh MSc BA Fees||Home: £17,350
|University of Edinburgh MSc BA Application Deadlines||16 October to 23 July (For intermediate deadlines see application deadline section)|
|University of Edinburgh MSc BA Application Process||. All official transcripts
· Personal statement
· English language proficiency test report (IELTS/TOEFL)
. One letter of recommendation (For more details see application process section)
University of Edinburgh MSc BA Program & Curriculam
University of Edinburgh MSc BA Rankings
Edinburgh MSc BA Placements Facts
- MSc BA graduates working in 13 countries
- 45% of female get a job after graduation
Edinburgh Alumni Info
Edinburgh Business School alumni network is over 16,000 members strong. Its graduates work in a wide variety of destinations across the world.
University of Edinburgh Placements by Sector
|Retail & Consumer goods||17%|
|Infrastructure, Civil engineering & Architecture||6%|
|Round 1||16 October 2019||5 December 2019|
|Round 2||11 December 2019||13 February 2020|
|Round 3||19 February 2020||9 April 2020|
|Round 4||15 April 2020||4 June 2020|
|Round 5||10 June 2020||23 July 2020|
Eligibility for Edinburgh MSc BA Application Process
- An undergraduate degree in any disciplinary area related to management science, operational research, statistics, econometrics, mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering, or business and management which incorporates a distinct quantitative element is required
- Candidates with a first-class or 2:1 honors degree in an unrelated subject area but who have relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis
- Applicant’s background should ideally include courses and/or experience gained in topics such as linear algebra, calculus, probability, statistics, and computer programming
- IELTS, TOEFL-iBT
- India: 1st Class degree (60%+)
Documents required for Edinburgh MSc BA Application Process
- Personal statement 500 words
- All official transcript & degree certificates
- 1 letter of recommendation (academic or professional)
- IELTS, TOEFL score report
Business School International MSc Scholarships
- Eligibility: The scholarships will be available for the majority of our taught Masters’ courses and for all nationalities outside of the UK and EU. Scholarships will be deducted from the tuition fees payable. Applicants who are fully sponsored by their employer or are in receipt of a full scholarship are not eligible for these scholarships. Applicants can only accept one scholarship from the University of Edinburgh Business School.
- Value: From £4,000 to £10,000
- Nationality: All Countries except the EU and UK
UK & EU Business School Scholarships
- Eligibility: The University of Edinburgh Business School is offering a number of scholarships covering part of the fees for students commencing study on one of our Masters’ courses in September 2020. These will be based on merit and are available to nationals of the UK or countries within the European Union for our Business School taught Masters.
- Value: The amounts vary from £4,000 to £10,000
- Nationality: UK/EU
A number of options are available for students of Edinburgh Business School such as loan funding, including government-backed ones, for both UK/EU nationals and overseas students. Some further information can be found by visiting the University’s Scholarships and Student Funding Services student loan page.
Prodigy Finance is one example of an external loan provider. Prodigy Finance’s model offers loans to international students using a predictive scorecard that considers future potential. Details of their scheme are available on their website. 150 nationalities are eligible and you do not need a UK guarantor or collateral. Unlike many government-backed student loan arrangements worldwide, repayments on a Prodigy loan will become due six months after graduation irrespective of employment status (including further studies e.g. progressing to a Ph.D.).
University of Edinburgh MSc in Business Analytics Sample Essays Tips
Students will need to submit a personal statement of around 500 words, outlining your academic history and relevant experience. Your personal statement is an important part of your application: it will help selectors to decide whether you are a good match for the programme you have applied for and, just as importantly, whether the programme is right for you.
Areas to cover
Your personal statement gives you the opportunity to outline your academic history and relevant experience in order to demonstrate that you are a suitable candidate for the programme you have applied for. You should also use your personal statement to outline your motivation for your chosen area of study. Try to answer questions such as:
- Why are you interested in studying in Edinburgh?
- Why have you chosen this particular programme?
- If you are studying for career development, what are your career plans and how will your studies support these?
If you have any other relevant experience, for example, paid or voluntary work experience or additional qualifications not stated elsewhere, then please include this information in your personal statement, or you can add it to the “Relevant knowledge/training skills” field in the application form.
If you are applying for more than one programme you should write a tailored personal statement for each of your applications. This enables you to refer to the specific programme you are applying for and to highlight how your academic background and skills make you suitable for this particular programme.