Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essay | Interview Questions
WHU MIM Introduction
WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management offers the best master in management worldwide with an excellent first academic degree in a business-related field of study. This program is a full 17 to 21 months program and it offers expertise in the field of business administration with practical and international exposure. WHU MIM Class Profile brings together diverse students with different goals in its portfolio. Master in management at WHU prepares students for a wide range career and for multiple industries and functional fields. Scroll down for further information on WHU MIM Average GMAT, WHU Mim Class Profile, WHU MIM Application process, employment report, WHU Mim fees, WHU MIM Application Essay and more.
In MiM, WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management offers full-time English language programs with internships and international experience. It also offers a double degree option for those who are in the 120 credit track. It also offers a “Pool module” which compliments core electives. For those who have 210 ECTS “Bachelor’s degree”, are offered with “Capstone model” of the business metropolises in America, Asia or Europe included. It is one of the best cross-cultural experiences for the student with company visits.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The WHU Master in Management is for people who want to work in a complex environment: ambitious, disruptive future leaders who want to focus on systemic thinking.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The WHU Master in Management is designed to help students develop a global vision of business as well as leadership and managerial abilities. WHU Otto Biesheim school of Management expects its graduates to have an impact on the world which means developing the skills in critical thinking for carefully considered risk-taking.
WHERE WILL IT TAKE YOU?
Common new graduate roles for the WHU MIM class profile include:
General Management, Consulting, Foreign Trade Accounting, International Marketing, International Cooperation, Trade Promotion
WHU MIM Program
WHU MIM Review
|Program Starts||September 2020|
|FT Global MIM 2019 Ranking||#20|
|WHU MIM Fees||€31,600|
|WHU MIM Application Deadlines||30 April (For intermediate deadlines see application deadline section)|
|WHU MIM Application Process||· GMAT/GRE TAGE MAGE score
· Application essays
· Interview (For more details see application process section)
WHU MIM Program & Curriculam
- Accounting and Finance
- Data Analytics
- Marketing and Sales
- Strategy and Leadership
- Supply chain management
- Marketing & Sales
- Supply chain management
- Strategy Execution
- Economics of Financial Market
- Web Mining
- International Tax Strategy
- Management Research
After completing two semesters abroad at a selected business school, you will benefit from a full second degree (generally an MBA degree) from the partner university, in addition to the MSc degree from WHU, along with valuable international experience for your future career. You may either apply for one of the double degree options in parallel to your application to the WHU Master programs or at the beginning of the second semester if places are still available.Partner schools:
- University of Texas at Austin, USA (MBA)
- University of San Diego, USA (MBA)
- Tulane University, New Orleans, USA (MBA)
- Emory University, Atlanta, USA (MBA)
- University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada (MBA)
- York University, Toronto, Canada* (MBA)
- INCAE, Alajuela, Costa Rica* (MBA)
- PUC, Santiago, Chile* (MBA)
- EM Lyon Business School, France (MSc)
- Católica-Lisbon School of Business and Economics, Portugal (MSc)
- Keio University, Yokohama, Japan (MBA)
- Peking University, Beijing, China (MBA)
- University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia* (MBA)
* for Master in Management and Master in Entrepreneurship students only
Spending a semester abroad – An experience of a lifetime.
WHU aim to make students time abroad a unique experience, both academically and personally. WHU has two different campuses: Düsseldorf and Vallendar. Students study program will determine the campus they will study at during exchange semester. As an exchange student, you will take courses in accordance with your academic background and the program studied at your home university. WHU welcome about 120 exchange students per semester from more than 200 partner universities worldwide.
After completing first two semesters at WHU, students will gain valuable work experience through an internship in Germany or abroad. The Career Center supports you in finding an internship position via a broad range of activities such as individual career counseling, workshops, and company presentations.
The master thesis concludes your studies, providing you the opportunity to apply the skills and knowledge you have gained throughout the course of the Master Program. While writing your thesis, you will be supervised by a WHU faculty member. You may also write your thesis in collaboration with a company.
- Business Meets Tech – WHU’s Tech Initiative
- Campus for Finance
- WHU Campus for Supply Chain Management
- Confluentes e.V.
- Enactus WHU Vallendar e.V.
- WHU First Responder
- WHU Generations Cup
- Music Club (Hochschulmusikverein)
- Sports Club WHU (Hochschulsportverein 1985 e.V.)
- IdeaLab! – WHU Founders’ Conference
- In Vino Veritas – WHU Vallendar
- Social democratic ecological Group WHU
- University Liberals’ Association (Liberale Hochschulgruppe) WHU
- Ring of Student Christian Democrats (RCDS)
- Saidia Consulting
- WHU SensAbility
- SmartUp! – The WHU Entrepreneur Network
- Startup Academy von Jugend gründet & WHU
- The Entrepreneurial Group
- WHU Students Theater Group
- Tradity meets WHU
- Vallendar Integration Program (VIP)
- WHU Debating Union
- WHU Entrepreneurship Roundtable
- WHU Euromasters
- WHU Finance Society e.V.
- WHU Golf
- WHU Inside Business
- WHU Students Help (WHU Studenten helfen e.V.)
- Teaching Engagement – Speakers from various companies provide practical insights to the students.
- Company Presentations and Workshops – Supporting companies interact with students once a year.
- Master Your Career – Recruitng fair at the end of January.
- Career Day – Recruiting fair in September.
- Founders Career Day – Recruiting fair in November.
- Campus for Marketing
- Campus for Sales
- Campus for Supply Chain Management
- Campus for Controlling
- Campus for Finance
- Campus for Strategy and Leadership
WHU MIM Placements
WHU Master in Management Placements Facts
- 95% placement record
- €61,800 Average salary
- More than 70% of reported salaries between €50,000 and €80,000
WHU Alumni Info
WHU is unique, and so are its alumni. Founded by the first graduates in 1988, In Praxi – WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management Alumni Association is regarded as one of the best alumni associations in the German-speaking region. The alumni organization has more than 3,900 members. Historically, and until today, more than 90% of all graduates become members of In Praxi. Approximately 25% of its members live outside of Germany and are spread over more than 65 countries across the world. More than 30 regional chapters help to keep the community alive and to establish the global network of friends. The purpose of In Praxi is the continuous support of WHU and its student body through knowledge, skills, and financial resources. Once you are an alumnus of WHU, you will benefit at various levels. The In Praxi office and the many volunteering members organize a wide variety of services and events.
|April 30, 2020 (for candidates requiring a study visa)
|May 31, 2020 (for candidates from EU/EEA countries, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand and the USA)|
WHU MIM Application Process
Eligibility for WHU MIM Application Process
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with at least 180 ECTS credits is a prerequisite in the WHU MIM Application Process.
- GMAT (min. 600), GRE (min. 155/155), or TM-BASE (min. 102) • TOEFL (min. 100 IBT) or IELTS
- Practical experience (min. 14 weeks of internship/s or equivalent)
- TOEFL English language proficiency test with a score of at least 100 internet based (WHU Code: 0682),
OR IELTS of at least 7.0
OR Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) of at least Grade C
OR Cambridge Certificate of Advance in English (CAE) of Grade A
- Successful completion of WHU‘s admissions test
Documents required for WHU MIM Application Process
- Online application form
- Bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent from an accredited or equivalently approved college, university, or technical school in business administration, economics, or in a business-related field of study with at least 180 ECTS credits
- at least 14 weeks of relevant practical experience (20 weeks are recommended)
- TOEFL score of at least 100 internet-based (WHU Code: 0682),
OR IELTS of at least 7.0, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) of at least Grade C
- OR Cambridge Certificate of Advance in English (CAE) of Grade A * Submission deadline: June 15, 2019
- GMAT score of at least 600 (WHU Code: FBR-FH-93)
- OR GRE of at least 155 Verbal and 155 Quantitative
- OR TM-BASE of at least 102 **Submission deadline: June 15, 2019
- A non-refundable application fee of €100 for processing applications. However, if you apply before the early bird deadline of March 31, 2020, this fee will be waived.
WHU MIM FEES
WHU MIM Funding
WHU Excellence Scholarship
At WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management, we are committed to achieving excellence in business education. Moreover, we believe that the innovative insights and perspectives resulting from a diverse and inspiring environment are key to achieving business success.
We are delighted to be able to offer a number of WHU Excellence Scholarships to candidates of the Master Programs who have an outstanding academic background and showed an excellent performance in the WHU Master Admission Test. Eligible candidates will be contacted by our Admissions Team. An application to the WHU Excellence Scholarship is not required. The scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis. Each scholarship covers the tuition fees for one semester.
WHU Female Founders Scholarship
WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management is committed to helping close the gender gap in the start-up scene, thus launching the WHU Female Founders Scholarship. This scholarship is a unique opportunity for passionate female Master in Entrepreneurship students who are eager to have an impact on the German and worldwide entrepreneurial ecosystems.
The scholarship is aimed at developing exceptional talent and empowering women to undertake entrepreneurial action. By providing access to both first-class education and a unique network, WHU aims to support the best of female talent via not only monetary assistance, but also by offering the best tools and personal support to succeed after graduation. Each scholarship covers one semester of tuition at WHU.
WHU Merit Scholarship
This scholarship will be awarded to qualified candidates of the Master of Science Programs with an above-average GMAT (min. 700) /GRE (min. 164/164) /TM-BASE score (min. 112) of the one-semester tuition fee. The Merit Scholarships are awarded ‘first come, first served’. Together with your study offer, the Admissions Team will inform you of the receipt of the WHU Merit Scholarship.
In Praxi Diversity Scholarship
In Praxi – the WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management Alumni Association has launched the In Praxi Diversity Scholarship amounting to the tuition of one semester. Its purpose is to help young qualified applicants from foreign countries by providing them with financial aid. At this point, scholarships can be offered to students who are not able to finance their studies on their own.
In Praxi is convinced that a diverse student body – coupled with stringent selection criteria – is a valuable asset to the whole WHU community. Please find more information in the PDF document below. The In Praxi Diversity Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis. Each scholarship covers one semester of tuition at WHU. Please submit your application for this scholarship one day before your interview date.
e-fellows Master Scholarship
WHU is pleased to introduce the e-fellows Master Scholarship in cooperation with e-fellows.net. The scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding participant of an e-fellows Master Days Business & Economics, an e-fellows.net scholar, or an e-fellows.net alumnus.
It covers the exemption from the tuition payment for one semester in the Master in Management Program, the Master in Entrepreneurship Program, or the Master in Finance Program at WHU. The e-fellows Master Scholarship is awarded on a rolling basis. Please submit your application for this scholarship one day before your interview date. More information is available on the application form below.
* Please note: The scholarship has already been awarded for the current intake. It will be offered again for the 2021 intake.
In 2006, a new and innovative funding program has been developed by Brain Capital: the Generation Contract. Students who have been offered admission to one of the WHU Master of Science Programs and who need financial support or wish to finance their graduate studies on their own may apply for this funding. The Generation Contract enables students to concentrate on their studies without worrying about the financial aspects. The repayment depends on gross income once the students start their professional life; there are a minimum and a maximum amount of the repayment. Therefore, the final tuition fees are proportional to the achievements in the jobs. Participation in the Generation Contract is also available for qualified MSc students from non-EU countries.
Prodigy Finance is revolutionizing student loan financing by offering alumni-funded loans for students who wish to study at the world’s top business schools. Prodigy Finance assesses the applicants’ future earning potential (based on the achievements of similar graduates) to determine loan affordability. Open to students from over 150 nationalities, Prodigy Finance offers competitive interest rates with no repayments during the study program.
- Eligibility: Students accepted to one of WHU’s Master of Science Programs are eligible to apply.
- Rates: Interest rates vary depending on individual applicants.
WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management offers a low-interest loan program with Sparkasse Koblenz, which is available for German-speaking WHU students without special collateral requirements. The study contract is adequate as security for the bank. This loan is also available to German-speaking international students who can provide a loan guarantee from Germany.
WHU Master in Management Sample Essays Tips
How will WHU Master in Management degree help you grow academically, personally, and professionally?
This question requires you to dwell on your expectations given your understanding of what WHU MiM has to offer. In essence, it would be helpful if you emphasized on how you see yourself evolve through the curriculum.
How will you make an impact on the WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management community?
This is where you can bring to light what you can offer, thus giving you the chance to set yourself uniquely.
Why do you want to study a Master in Management program at WHU? (200 words)
I believe WHU would be a perfect fit for me to pursue my goals and the 3 core reasons are:
- Be amongst the best – WHU has been consistently recognized as one of the best business schools in Germany, and has really accomplished teachers of strategy. I would love to study under the the guidance of Professors Le and Schaffer to hone my strategic thinking skills which can help me be a better consultant.
- Gain the global edge – Although I have worked with international clients, I have not been exposed to real life international diversity, here in India, and the integrated international module fills this gap. The ideally small, yet highly international, diverse and experience cohort is another reason I want to study at WHU.
- Fits my aspirations and personality – I really want to benefit from and contribute to the personal leadership module which I feel is unique to WHU. I also believe that the team player in me will feel right at home in a teaching environment where teamwork is the essence.
WHU Master in Management Interview Questions
After having evaluated documents, qualified candidates are invited to a video-recorded interview on Kira Talent. Kira Talent is an online platform, which allows us to record questions as well as the answers of the candidates. Together with the invitation, School will send you a link for Kira Talent as well as further information on the interview via e-mail. You have a one-week time to complete the interview. As the interview will be recorded, you can decide yourself, when you want to take it within the given time frame of one week. Please note that once you begin the interview, it is not possible to pause it in between. In total, the interview takes around 45 minutes.
After this, as a final stage, you will be invited to a personal interview. The interview will take place shortly after the evaluation of your Kira Interview. While WHU Campus Vallendar will stay closed for health and safety reasons, all final admissions interviews will now take place via Skype/telephone. A few days after the final interview, the school will inform you if you are selected for a Master of Science Programs. As a final step, students have to officially accept the offer within two weeks.
Upcoming dates for the Admissions Interview
- March 23, 2020
- April 24, 2020
- May 08, 2020
- June 19, 2020
WHU Master in Management Interview Frequently Asked Questions
Profile Based Questions
- Tell me about one of your strengths which were previously a weakness
- Are you great with numbers for you to have a spectacular GMAT score?
- Why do you want to leave your family business? /Why do you want to leave your previous job?
- Any specific sector you want to proceed in?
- What is the best way to inspire people?
- Give an example of a “let down” and what did you do to make up for it?
- Why do you want to pursue ‘<‘degree name’>’?
- What are the short term and long term goals?
- How will the program help you achieve your career goals?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years down the lane?
- Why do you want to study at <country_name>?
- Which other universities are you applying to? Why?