ESCP Europe MIM
Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essay | Interview Questions
ESCP Europe Introduction
The ESCP EUROPE MiM program is crafted for the leaders of tomorrow. It is currently ranked 5th in the world and has maintained its position in the top 10 business schools around the globe. The integrated program curriculum taught across six ESCP Europe campuses, offers the possibility to obtain up to four national degrees, and even opens up the option of earning dual degrees with 120 academic partners across the world. If you want international exposure, professional experience, and a curriculum that is recognized as one of the best in the world, then ESCP Europe’s Master in Management is the one-stop destination for you. Scroll down for further information on ESCP Europe MIM Average GMAT, ESCP Europe Mim Class Profile, ESCP MIM Application process, employment report, ESCP Europe MIM fees, and more.
This two-year, full-time Master in Management provides the opportunity to study in up to four countries, with options ranging from ESCP’s own six European campuses to our more than 120 partners worldwide. It’s objective? Prepare savvy, internationally-minded graduates to successfully launch their careers.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The ESCP Master in Management is for people who want to work in a complex environment: ambitious, disruptive future leaders who want to focus on systemic thinking.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
In today’s fast-changing business environment, there are increasing demands for business leaders who are international, digital, and effective. The Master in Management is designed to develop the skills needed to analyze complex strategic and operational management issues within a global context.
WHERE WILL IT TAKE YOU?
Common new graduate roles for the ESCP Europe MIM class profile include:
General Management, Consulting, Foreign Trade Accounting, International Marketing, International Cooperation, Trade Promotion
ESCP Europe MIM Program
ESCP Europe MIM Review
|Program Starts||September 2020|
|Location||Paris, Berlin, London, Madrid, Warsaw & Turin|
|Intake 2020||1 Intake|
|FT Global MIM 2019 Ranking||#5|
|ESCP Europe MIM Fees||€21,500|
|ESCP Europe MIM Application Deadlines||30 October to 7 May (For intermediate deadlines see application deadline section)|
|ESCP Europe MIM Application Process||· GMAT/GRE TAGE MAGE score
· One-page resume
· 2 letters of recommendation
· English language proficiency test report (IELTS/TOEFL/TOEIC/Cambridge)
· Interview (For more details see the application process section)
ESCP Europe Premaster year
The Premaster year was designed for students having completed preparatory school or at least 2 years of university studies who wish to take a deep dive into the fundamentals of management. The Pre-Master Year is devoted to gaining insight into the fundamentals of management, including introductory and advanced concepts to foster an understanding of the world of business. There are also courses in social sciences, law, economics and foreign languages. Pre-Master year studies are offered in Paris (in French) or in Turin (in English).
Students can access the Pre-Master Year…
- Either by passing the Pre-Master Admission Test (PMAT)*,
- Or by completing a French Classe Préparatoire and having been admitted to ESCP after the entrance exams.
*To apply for the PMAT you must have completed your upper-secondary/college education and at least two years of university education (120 ECTS), both outside of France (see the admission requirements).
Master in Management
The Master in Management programme consists of four semesters with a total of 120 ECTS credits. These semesters can be completed at ESCP European campuses (Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Turin and Warsaw) or at one of ESCP 100 partner universities worldwide. ESCP created a flexible study track. This allows students to structure the programme over two to four years, with the possibility of taking gap years.
- FIRST YEAR - in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris or Turin
- SECOND YEAR - in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Turin or Warsaw or at partners worldwide
- SPECIALISATIONS - in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Turin or Warsaw
• Corporate Finance
• European Business Law and Taxation
• Economics for Managers
• Financial Reporting under IFRS
• Human Resource Management
• International Marketing Decisions
• Management Control
• Operations Management
• Organisation and Management
Prerequisite “Catch-up” courses
To bring non-management students up to speed, ESCP offer the following “Catch-up” courses that start before the fall term, and continue on during the first semester of studies. The prerequisite courses are as follows:
• Management accounting
• Information tools and skills
• Business law
• Organisational behavior
- Berlin campus Finance, Accounting and Management Control (German) NEW International Business 1 (German) International Business 2 (German) International Sales Management (English) NEW Option E Entrepreneurship: Technology and digital economy (English) NEW Sustainability (German)
- London campus Business consulting (English) Creativity marketing management (English) Option E Entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship and innovation (English) NEW
- Madrid campus Business Project Management 1 (English) Business Project Management 2 (English) Marketing and digital strategy (English) Communication and new media (English) Marketing and digital communication (English) (2 semesters) NEW Option E Entrepreneurship (English)
- Paris campus Consulting dynamics and practices (English) Droit et finance (French) Economie (French) Finance – one semester (English) Finance – two semesters (French) Finance d’entreprise (French) Finance de marché (French) Go to market (English) NEW HR Leadership and talent management (English) NEW Option E Entrepreneuriat (French) Information financière et audit (IFA) (French) Innovation (French) International business development (English) Internet of things (English) NEW Management Control (English) NEW Management des industries culturelles et médiatiques (French) Marketing manager (English) Performance management systems (English) Public management (English) Re-think: Alternative models of organisations and management (English) NEW Research in management (English) Stratégie et conseil (French)
- Warsaw campus Finance and Accounting (English) NEW Strategic Management (English) NEW
- Breaking the Code of True Leadership.
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainable Strategies.
- Design Thinking in Management and Entrepreneurship.
- Emerging Markets Finance
- Foundations of Indian Business Culture
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Business and Human Rights
- International Human Resource Management
- Investment Banking & Financial Engineering
- New Public Management and Sector Performance
- Performance Management
- Social Media and Viral Marketing
- The European Model: The European Integration Process – Unity & Diversity
ESCP students in the Master in Management Programme have the opportunity to take part in an exchange programmes with one of our over 130 partner universities in Europe and the World.
ESCP offers a multitude of possibilities on where to do your studies during the two-year Master programme. Students can study in up to four different locations either on ESCP own European campuses (during M1 or M2) or at one of ESCP international partner institutions around the world (during M2). In order to fully benefit from ESCP international locations, you may not take more than 2 semesters at any given campus.
Dual degree Partner universities
ESCP students have the opportunity to do a Double Degree with one of the following Dual Degree Partners. List of dual deagree partner universities
- Argentina: Universidad de San Andrés, Buenos Aires
- Argentina: Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires (ITBA)
- Brasil: FGV EPABE RIO, BRASIL
- Canada: HEC MONTREAL, QUEBEC , CANADA
- France: Ecole Centrale de Paris, Paris
- France: ENSAE, Malakoff
- France : Ecole des Mines Paristech
- France : Ferrandi
- France: Prép’ENA Paris 1-ENS ULM, Paris
- France: Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Paris
- France : IFM, Paris
- India: Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- India: Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
- India: Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
- India: Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
- India: Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
10 months of internships, which may be carried out anywere in the world, are an integral part of the Master in Management experience. All students are required to undertake a minimum of 2 work placements taking place in 2 different countries lasting at least 3 months each. Students with previous work experience (completed before joining the programme) can validate up to 16 weeks toward the total required. On average, MIM students gain 64 weeks (16 months) of work experience before graduation
Work Place Objective
- Gain valuable intercultural experience within a company in any country worldwide
- Put theoretical management methods and techniques into practice in a real-life corporate environment
- Reflect on the experience gained, the management methodology used and more globally, the human dimension of the organisations
- Clarify your career goals
ESCP has a very vibrant student life due to its many clubs like-
- Junior Enterprise Club
- Sports and Activities Club
- CALL ON’U
ESCP Europe MIM Placements
ESCP Europe Master in Management Placements Facts
- 97% of graduates find a job within 3 months
- 44% of graduates work outside their own countries
- €50,480 average annual starting salary
ESADE Alumni Info
ESCP Europe Alumni is an international and rich network of 60,000 members worldwide. ESCP Europe Alumni supports its members by boosting their career, developing their network and promoting the ESCP Europe brand. Each month ESCP host a variety of networking and career events all around the world, aimed at bringing together our community.
ESCP Europe Placements by Sector
ESCP MIM Application Process Deadline
Previous studies in France
- Admissibility results: 26 March 2020
- Oral Exam: 14/15 May 2020
- Admission results: 11 June 2020
Previous studies outside France
Admission route 1: INTERNATIONAL DIRECT ADMISSIONS To apply directly and exclusively to ESCP
This admission route is valid if you wish to apply directly and exclusively to ESCP. To be eligible, you must hold a Bachelor degree awarded in a university outside of France after at least three years of university study, with a maximum of 1 year in France.
Admissions for the intake of September 2020 will open in October 2019.
Admission route 2: “JOIN A SCHOOL IN FRANCE” (SAI) To apply to a consortium of five of the best business schools with campuses in France
“Join a School in France” is an admissions centre for five different international business schools with campuses in France. For more information you can visit join a school in France website. Admissions are organised on a rolling basis and consist of several rounds.
Round 1 7 oct 2019
Round 2 7 Jan 2020
Round 3 3 Mar 2020
Round 4 20 Apr 2020
ESCP MIM Application Process
Eligibility for ESCP MIM Application Process
A 3 years bachelor’s degree is a pre-requisite in ESCP MIM Application Process. Students outside Europe can apply with GAT (Global Admission Test). Candidates can apply to ESCP through SAI. Candidates apply through only one admissions process one time per year. Simultaneously filling ESCP admission application and SAI application is not allowed
Documents required for ESCP MIM Application Process
- GMAT, GRE, CAT, TAGE-MAGE or ESCP Test (on-campus*)
- TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS or Cambridge
- High School Diploma
- University transcripts
- Certificate of enrolment or Diploma
- Personal statement
- 2 Letter of Recommendations
ESCP Europe MIM FEES
ESCP Europe MIM fees for those entering the two-year programme in September 2020 are set at:
- Pre-Master Year: €16,800 (all students, EU and non-EU)
- Master Year 1: €17,900 for EU students / €21,500 for
- Master Year 2: €17,900 for EU students / €21,500 for
You can see ESCP Europe MIM Application Process section for eligibility. A supplement of €1,100 to €2,050 for catch-up courses will be due for those students without previous management studies. The monthly cost of living in different cities varies greatly. The table below provides an indication of how they line up.
ESCP Europe MIM Funding
Financial need-based scholarships
ESCP Europe scholarships based on financial need may be awarded to European students. European students who are eligible for CROUS* scholarships may also be eligible for an ESCP Europe scholarship.
European students who do not meet the CROUS criteria may also apply for a financial need based scholarship. However, CROUS students have priority.Financial need-based scholarships are renewable for each year of studies upon submission of renewal request. Awards are subject to academic results and behaviour in line with the values of the school, or a change in financial situation.
Timeline: Scholarship applications are open in the summer preceding the September intake. Award are announced in September.
*CROUS scholarships are financial need-based grants allocated by the French Ministry of Higher Education
Non-European students are eligible for Merit-based scholarships. Students are awarded upon admission to the Master in Management course. Merit-based scholarships vary from 25% to 100% of the first year tuition fees. These scholarships are only awarded for the first year of studies.
Other sources of Financial Aid
Gaining a place in the ESCP Master in Management programme represents a guarantee of an appreciative level of income upon graduation. Consult your banker for information on a personal loan. Many banks offer student loans at attractive rates, with deferred pay back. Recent ESCP students have received interest rates as low as 1%.
At the end of the first year of the Master in Management (from May onwards), students will have the possibility of beginning paid internships. To graduate, students must have completed a minimum of 40 weeks of internships. However, many students choose to carry out longer internships than this required minimum, often taking sandwich years to get a longer professional experience and help finance tuition fees. While the salary offered is quite variable, most students get paid €400 to €1,900 per month during their internships.
The apprenticeship track combines in-company work experience with academic coursework at ESCP Europe.
Why choose the Apprenticeship Track?
- You work in a company and become deeply involved in day-to-day business.
- You exercise day-to-day responsibilities under the guidance of a senior manager, with the support of
- Your tuition fees are being taken care of and you benefit from a monthly salary from your company over the full period of the contract.
- 14, 18, 24 months options available
Apprenticeships are available to students from the European Union aged under 30 when they start to work and who are fluent in French. 110 students apprentices offered each year with per month salary ranging from €1000 – 1600.
There are very often jobs available on-campus (e.g. administrative, events, etc). These are paid by the hour.
ESCP Europe Master in Management sample Essays Tips
Please comment on an international experience that has influenced you in particular and explain why?
Ideally, this question should consist of any of your experiences, personal or professional, where you have traveled abroad or witnessed a new culture. The admission committee is looking for people who could contribute towards the multicultural environment of the campus and bring a fresh experience to the table. If you have been a part of some exchange programs or summer schools, such instances would be an ideal fit for this answer. Showcase your experience of living in an unfamiliar place in the most realistic way and you will ace this essay. The Adcom needs to know how you handled the cultural shock which you faced (if any) or networked in a new country. The key to answering this question is dividing the answer into 3 steps-
Talk about what all you experienced there and how it was different from your homeland.
Further, you need to talk about how this experience changed you as a person or what all did you imbibe from it. Any new language, skills, or interests built during this time need to be covered in the second part of the answer. At last, you need to showcase how this experience helped you in creating an impact. Eg- If you learned a new language during your time there. You can join this with your volunteering experience and tell them about how back in your own country, you taught kids a new language.
Please comment on the positions of responsibility you have held at school, in clubs, and/or societies (Outline hobbies, general interests, and other activities)? (200 words)
Well, it is true that a man is defined by the choices he makes and in this case, the adcom wishes to gain insights into your personality and the kind of individual you are through this question that precisely focuses on elaborating upon traits that are innate to you and your personal inclinations with focus laid on the extracurricular activities you partook in. This is just to understand your profile holistically as every school wishes to grab onto candidates who are all-rounders.
Begin your answer by drawing attention towards the positions of responsibilities you’ve held in the past and move on to brushing upon the activities you eagerly participated in to fuel your hobby – follow the hierarchy. Whether you were a school captain or the head of a society or a club at your college, all such extracurricular activities need to be covered in this answer. A leader often reflects someone who takes the lead, steps in when the team faces a crisis and knows how to delegate tasks effectively. Make sure you highlight all the roles where you undertook such responsibilities and managed the team efficiently. Moving to your hobby, whether you have been learning ballet since the age of 6 or are a state-level footballer, talk about your achievements and give a dynamic outlook to your application. If you are an avid reader, you can talk about the books which changed your life and how. The idea is to talk about your hobbies and interests in a friendly yet formal tone, in order to help the adcom understand you better.
ESCP Europe Master in Management Interview Questions
The ESCP interviews are usually taken by 3-4 panel members, It can range from professors to alumni to ad com members.ESCP direct interviews are pretty formal. In general, you can expect the interviewers to ask you around 6-8 questions over a Skype call. Be ready for any profile-specific questions. The time for the interview can be 15-20 minutes.
ESCP Europe Master in Management Interview Frequently Asked Questions
Profile Based Questions
- Tell me about one of your strengths which were previously a weakness
- Are you great with numbers for you to have a spectacular GMAT score?
- Why do you want to leave your family business? /Why do you want to leave your previous job?
- Any specific sector you want to proceed in?
- What is the best way to inspire people?
- Give an example of a “let down” and what did you do to make up for it?
- Why do you want to pursue ‘<‘degree name’>’?
- What are the short term and long term goals?
- How will the program help you achieve your career goals?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years down the lane?
- Why do you want to study at <country_name>?
- Which other universities are you applying to? Why?