Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essay | Interview Questions
ISB YLP Introduction
THE ISB YLP is a foundation programme that ultimately leads to the FT ranked, Post Graduate Programme in Management at the Indian School of Business. It is a deferred admission option for high potential college students pursuing their Bachelor’s or Master’s education. ISB YLP Class Profile brings together diverse students with different goals in its portfolio. The admitted students gain a perspective on management education before enrolling in the full-time programme, transforming uncertainty into confidence. The programme acts as a catalyst to enable the group to focus on their career in a structured manner and accelerate their professional growth. The youngsters who make it to this programme are, therefore, ideally positioned to transform into tomorrow’s exceptional business leaders. Scroll down for more information on ISB YLP Average GMAT, ISB YLP Class Profile, ISB YLP Placements, ISB YLP Fees, ISB YLP Application Process, and more.
The ISB Young Leaders Programme is a way for Final year or Pre-Final Year Under-graduate students to get admission to the prestigious flagship PGP course offered by the Indian School of Business. The programme lays the foundation for the Post Graduate programme in Management (PGP) at the Indian School of Business. The added advantage with YLP students is that they have already had MBA basics built by trusted faculty from the Indian School of Business through preparatory courses, before they even set foot in the actual PGP programme.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The ISB Young Leaders Programme selects an immensely talented group of students and facilitates their mentorship to set them on a path of high performance from the start of their career.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
A fast-changing world needs a new kind of leader, who can find creative, entrepreneurial solutions to complex problems. In this programme you’ll master the hard knowledge, the soft skills, and the adaptable mindset you need to be that leader.
WHERE WILL IT TAKE YOU?
Common new graduate roles for the YLP ISB class profile include:
General Management, Consulting, Foreign Trade Accounting, International Marketing, International Cooperation, Trade Promotion.
ISB YLP Program
ISB YLP Rankings
ISB YLP Class Profile
ISB YLP Placements
ISB YLP Placements Facts
- INR 24,35,915 Average CTC
- 1309 Job offers made
ISB YLP Placements by Industry
Eligibility for ISB YLP Application Process
- One evaluation
- Face to Face Interview
Application Documents required for ISB YLP Application Process
- Application form
- One essay
- GMAT/GRE score report
- All official transcripts
ISB YLP FEES
|Library & Recreation Center||15,000|
|Alumni Association Membership||25,000|
|GST @ 18%||500,940|
|Total amount payable||3,598,940|
ISB YLP Funding
ISB YLP Scholarships
- Merit Waivers: Awarded based on the overall weighted scores at the end of the selection process. Up to 40 scholarships varying from INR 5 Lakhs to full tuition fees are awarded to eligible candidates at the discretion of the Adcom.
- Need-Based Waivers: ISB and Corporate donors’ together award up to 40 scholarships of INR 5 Lakhs each to deserving candidates whose family income is not more than INR 12 Lakhs (including applicant’s pre-ISB income). Candidates have to submit an essay and proof of income to be eligible for the need-based waiver
- ISB Merit by Diversity: ISB believes that diversity enriches the learning experience both inside and outside the Class. To encourage students with diverse profiles ISB gives scholarships of INR 5 Lakhs to up to 10 students.
- AIESEC – ISB Waivers: Up to 3 scholarships of INR 5 Lakhs are given to AIESECers. An essay needs to be submitted for the same.
- International Diversity: ISB offers up to 30 scholarships of varying amounts to deserving international students.
- Bridge to India: This scholarship is given to Indian origin students currently working abroad, who plan to move back to India. INR 5 – 10 Lakhs scholarships are awarded to up to 5 students. Eligible students would have to submit an essay for the same.
Indian School of Business does not take the responsibility for change in any terms & conditions, rate of interest, or coverage at the bank / financial institution level. The particulars of the loan facilities shall be as per the sanction letters and loan agreements entered in to between the bank / financial institution and the student. As a policy, we have made it mandatory for all students to avail of an educational loan, to ensure the loan. Your loan banker will be able to provide more information on this.
ISB Young leaders Programme Sample Essays
ISB Essay Question 1: If we were to admit just one more candidate to the Postgraduate Programme (PGP) at the ISB, why should it be you? (500 Words)
“Noone told you when to run, you missed the starting gun” – Pink Floyd “There are two paths you can go by but in the long run there’s still time to change the road you’re on.” – Led Zeppelin
The above lines define my life in a nutshell. I come from a family where access to best education guidance was scarce due to which I didn’t even get to know about IIT-JEE till late – missed the starting gun.
But then after a late start, BITS Pilani happened and I was left with no regrets. After Graduation, I joined Reliance Industries (RIL). From the start, I was demotivated to see the rigidity of the monotonous 9-5 job. There was very little scope to take initiatives, learn, and outshine. I always wanted to be in a role where I can take initiatives, implement my ideas, and learn from my failures and successes. In 2015, the startup ecosystem in India was on the boom and I felt a startup would be a perfect place for me – time to change the road I was on.
ISB Essay Question 2: Describe your short and long term career plans. How does the PGP fit in with those?
My immediate post-PGP goal is to join a large consulting firm or a corporate house in Strategy and Operations domain. I have three and a half years of work experience, mostly in early-stage startups, where I have tasted good success in team building, running on-ground operations, and managing unit economics.
But I always felt most challenged and excited during brainstorming sessions on business strategy with start-up founders. I believe, a strategy consulting role would provide me exposure to diverse sets of challenging situations faced by various businesses and would require me to come up with novel solutions.
ISB Young Leaders Programme Interview Questions
ISB Young Leaders Programme Frequently Asked Questions
- Why don’t you tell us something about yourself?
- How have you positively contributed to your team’s success during your work experience?
- Tell me one country which provides better healthcare and does not necessarily differentiate between public and private hospitals?
- You have mentioned in your essay that you want to do consulting. You’re already placed at PwC and would be doing consulting. What is the need for an MBA then?
- Why MBA? What are your career goals and how will the MBA help you achieve them?
- Why are manhole covers round?
- Apart from the clubs, why do you want to join ISB?
- Why are you so vocal about being a feminist?
- What did you do as part of your internship at XXXX?
- Have you faced any challenges while leading? How did you overcome them?
- I see no link. You’re doing Maths hon. Why do you want to take up management? You’ll tend to focus on numbers and statistics while business is more related to psychology?
- Supposing that you make it to the PGP at ISB. What clubs would you like to join?
- Tell me two social problems in India and how you think you can solve them?
- You’ve stated in your application that you’re leading a team of 45 members in college. How often do you meet them and how many names do you remember?
- Tell me 3 solutions to these problems and in the sectors you’ve stated and how an MBA would help you here?
- Was given a word “Action” and asked to write about 50-100 words
- Could you talk about yourself for 2 minutes?
- How do you confront your team members if you think they are wrong?
- How do you think your subordinates describe you?
- Why would you say that? Women are leading SBI, ICICI, Pepsico, etc. and these are amongst the best banks and co’s in the world?
- Tell us something that is not mentioned anywhere on your application, resume, or essays?
- Do you have any questions for us?