HEC Paris MIM
Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essay | Interview Questions
HEC Paris Master in Management is designed for the leaders of tomorrow. It has maintained its top rank consistently. The program offers exceptional international opportunities. International exchanges, Double Degree programs with leading institutions, and the CEMS joint degree leave students with a range of opportunities. HEC MIM Class Profile brings together diverse students with different goals in its portfolio. The placement and the average salary of HEC Paris MIM are highly impressive. Scroll down for further information on HEC Paris MIM Average GMAT, HEC Mim Class Profile, HEC Mim Application process, employment report, HEC Paris Mim fees, and more.
HEC Paris offers a diverse range of programs specializing in education, research, and management. The students come from diverse nationalities, creating a dynamic environment on campus. HEC has a 97% placement record. The location is quite alluring as it is in close proximity to Paris. Field trips, language, and certificate courses are among the many exciting things that HEC Paris has to offer.
WHO IS IT FOR?
HEC Paris Master in Management is for people who want to work in a complex environment: ambitious, disruptive future leaders who want to focus on systemic thinking.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
A fast-changing world needs a new kind of leader, who can find creative, entrepreneurial solutions to complex problems. In the programme you’ll master the hard knowledge, the soft skills and the adaptable mindset you need to be that leader.
WHERE WILL IT TAKE YOU?
Common new graduate roles for the HEC MIM class profile include:
General Management, Consulting, Financial Management, International Marketing, Capital Markets, Trade Promotion, Business Development
HEC Paris MIM Program
HEC Paris MIM Review
|Jouy-en-Josas, France, Doha, Qatar
|FT Global MIM 2019 Ranking
|HEC Paris MIM Fees
|HEC Paris MIM Application Deadlines
|1 October to 10 June (For intermediate deadlines see application deadline section)
|HEC Paris MIM Application Process
|· GMAT/GRE TAGE MAGE score
· One-page resume
· 2 letters of recommendation
· English language proficiency test report (IELTS/TOEFL/TOEIC/Cambridge)
· Interview (For more details see application process section)
HEC Paris Program & Curriculam
HEC MIM Class Profile Academic Backgrounds
|Business, Administration & Management
HEC Paris Master in Management Placements Facts
- 99% Employed within three months
- 67% work outside their home country
- 5 job fairs on campus
- €63,000 Average starting salary
- €1,36000 Average salary after three years
- Over 300 companies recruited HEC graduates
HEC Paris Alumni Info
The HEC Paris alumni network is a storehouse of successful stories of top executives and entrepreneurs. From analyst and consultant positions in Mckinsey, Amazon, Philips to founders of powerful business enterprises, they have achieved it all. More than 52,000 of the alumni are working across different sectors all around the world. The network is among the largest in Europe with the alumni based in over 132 countries. The network organizes more than 1000 of events to facilitate exchange between students and members and, also to provide counseling to prospective students.
|China pre-selected round*
|1 Oct 2019
|9 Oct 2019
|18 Oct 2019
|22 Oct 2019
|14 Nov 2019
|29 Nov 2019
|7 Jan 2020
|30 Jan 2020
|26 Feb 2020
|3 Mar 2020
|26 Mar 2020
|22 Apr 2020
|28 Apr 2020
|20 May 2020
|10 June 2020
HEC MIM Application Process
Eligibility for HEC MIM Application Process
- Bachelor’s degree of at least three years having obtained 180 ECTS in any field of studies is a pre-requisite in HEC MIM Application Process (engineering, social sciences, sciences, arts, etc.).
- Applicants may apply in the same year they obtain their degree.
- Not older than 30 during the application year.
Documents required for HEC MIM Application Process
- Degree certificate(s) or current certificate of enrolment
- A one-page résumé (CV)
- All official up-to-date academic transcripts (exchange programs included) and official GPA
- GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report (only one test is authorized)
- English language proficiency test score report (TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS or Cambridge)
- Copy of Passport or ID card
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Passport-style photo in .jpg or .jpeg format only. Sized such that only the head and shoulders are visible and taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
Fees: € 39,700. The academic years are invoiced over the first two consecutive years (+ €2,400 in case of a gap-year). Admitted students will be asked to confirm their seats within 3 weeks after final results are announced with a non-refundable deposit of € 5,000 deducted from total tuition fees. The tuition fee schedule is thus detailed for students from countries of the European Union (including France):
|Tuition Fee Sehedule
|Student Service Fees
|Total tuition Fees
|M2 or Optional Gap Year(2021/2022)
|M2 post Optional Gap Year(2022/2023)
NB: The annual HEC Student service fees and Administrative fees (€ 1600 + € 800) are payable for any additional year until graduation. Living Costs: Approximately €1,000/month in 2018, covering housing, food, compulsory insurances (health and civil liability), sports and leisure.
HEC Foundation Excellence Scholarships
HEC Foundation Excellence Scholarships have been made possible thanks to the considerable support from the community of alumni and businesses related to the HEC Paris Foundation.
- Eligibility: All candidates with a non-French diploma (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree: admitted to one of our master programs
- Process: All admitted candidates with a non-French diploma (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree) are automatically considered for HEC Foundation Excellence scholarship. No additional document is required
- Deadline: Results from this scholarship are announced by email within 2 weeks after admission and before the confirmation deadline.
HEC Foundation Excellence Scholarships’ final decision is based on academic excellence, the overall strength of the application, the results of the selection interview and the candidate’s GMAT/GRE/TAGE-MAGE performance. Scholarships are deducted from tuition fees.
The Effiel Excellence Scholarships
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship was established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education establishments to attract top international students to their master’s and PhD programs. On the masters level, the scholarship encourages applications from emerging countries to shape the future decision-makers of the private and public sectors in priority areas of study.
- Application deadline : Opening of the call for applications: week of October 21th 2019 .Deadline for the reception of applications by Campus France: January 9th 2020. Publication of results: week of March 23th 2020.
- Eligibility: Candidates aged 30 years old or below. Non-French nationality candidates only (applicants with dual nationality, one of which is French, are not eligible). Candidates who have already been awarded the Eiffel scholarship at master’s level (not eligible at the same level, but can nevertheless reapply at a doctoral level). Candidates who have applied previously and been rejected, even if their application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study.
- Grant: Monthly allowance of €1181. The scholarship also covers: one international return ticket, social security and cultural activities.
- Publication of results: The list of laureates will be published on the Campus France website during the week of March 23, 2020.
N.B.: The Eiffel scholarship can not be cumulated with any other French government scholarship or award.
Most banks will provide loans for study at HEC Paris to French nationals or residents with pre-established banking credentials at very low interest rate (around 1% in 2016). HEC have excellent relationships with local branches of national banks Furthermore, information sessions with bank representatives are organized on campus every year during the first 3 weeks of September.
Finally, the European Commission Erasmus+ Program allows students following a master abroad to benefit from soft loans until 18.000€ (2-year programs). To be eligible students must live in a programme country and their study destination cannot be in their country of residence or the country where they received their first qualification. More information on the European Commission website.
Progidy Finance Loan Scheme
Prodigy Finance offers community-funded tuition covering loans to students from over 150 nationalities (under certain conditions). The loan is transferred directly to HEC Paris at the start of the program. This loan will not cover living expenses and the deposit to secure the seat in the program.
- Eligibility to apply: Be admitted to one of this Master’s programs: Master in Management – Grande Ecole, MSc Accounting and Financial Management, MSc Strategic Management, MSc International Finance, MSc Managerial and Financial Economics, MSc Marketing, MSc Sustainability and Social Innovation. Be of non-French nationality. French citizens and permanent residents may search for student loans with French banks.
- Preliminary lending conditions: A full credit and background check. Your acceptance into the program at HEC Paris specified in your loan application
HEC PARIS Master in Management Sample Essays Tips
Why are you applying to HEC Paris Master in Management program? Please include your career goals in this essay? (450 words max)
Through this question, the Adcom is simply trying to determine the worthiness of your candidacy. The first part of the question aims at not only revealing the relevant knowledge you hold and the reason you wish to further hone the same but also get an impressive, well-informed answer as to why you have chosen this school. The motive here is to figure out if you know what and why you are doing. Moving to the second part of the question, mentioning your career goals is related to portraying a focused outlook and Adcoms are here to sieve through tons of candidates and shortlist the ones who showcase drive, determination and future plans that are in line with the value of the school.
To answer this question we recommend you break it down into three parts – past experience, career goals and reason for choosing the school. The trick here is to maintain a connection between the three. Ensure that your past experience, the reason for higher studies at the school and your career goals are in sync. So, pick wisely and select relevant experiences to elaborate on and keep connecting the dots. Do your research on the school and pick up features that cater to your requirements. Lastly, be specific about your goals by mentioning details like your target role and the company.
HEC PARIS Master in Management Interview Questions
If you are called for the interview, it implies that the admission committee is impressed by your profile & essays and, you are just a step away to become an HEC student and be a part of a very diverse and intellectual cohort. HEC’s interview is targeted to evaluate your confidence, motivation, and career aspirations.It may also test your knowledge on recent global issues, such as the Facebook data breach and Brexit. Hence, it is recommended to read news articles from global journals such as WSJ and FT on a daily basis.
It comprises only one round (usually) and there can be 2 or 3 interviewers, who generally include – the Director of Admissions, a professor or alumni, an admissions committee member. The expected duration of interview is 20-25 minutes.