ESSEC MIM Interviews
The ESSEC MIM Interview is conducted by a three-member panel and is a bit different than other B-schools in the sense, it is a 40-minute long conversation where the interviewee is not really grilled but instead, there is a healthy conversation between the panel and the interviewee.
ESSEC MIM Frequently Asked Interview Questions
ESSEC Interview Questions Are Divided Into 8 Categories.
Profile Based Questions
- Tell me about one of your strengths which was previously a weakness
- Are you great with numbers if you have a spectacular GMAT score?
- Why do you want to leave your family business? /Why do you want to leave your previous job?
Competency Based Questions
- Any specific sector you want to proceed in?
- What is the best way to inspire people?
- Give an example of a “let down” and what did you do to make up for it?
Goal Based Questions
- Why do you want to pursue ‘<‘degree name’>’?
- What are short term and long term goals?
- How will the program help you achieve your career goals?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years down the lane?
- Why do you want to study in <country_name>?
- Which other universities are you applying to? Why?
- What is the percentage of output generated with renewable energy sources in Europe?
- How do you measure internationality?
Current Affairs Questions
- Any recent news or policy in Europe which concerns you?
- Tell me about some Business news that has the potential to disrupt markets.
- What’s your take on the French Presidential Election?
ESSEC MIM Interview Questions – 1
Profile: IT professional Applying for a Masters in Management
- So tell me about yourself.
- Why did you choose ESSEC?
- Which other colleges did you apply to? Did you have any interviews before us?
- How was the experience?
- What are you passionate about? and how do you follow your passions?
- Why the MiM, why not an MBA?
- Why do you want to study in France?
- Why not study in India, and apply for one of the top schools?
ESSEC MIM Interview Questions – 2
Profile: Working Professional in the Marketing Sector
- How did you decide which schools you want to apply to?
- What did you find different in ESSEC compared to the other schools?
- Tell me about an incident where you led a group of people and what you learn from it.
- We are interested in people who think about more than just themselves. So give me an incident where you helped someone else grow.
- What are your long term goals? and how will ESSEC help you achieve them?
- Tell me about your work experience.
- Tell me about your work experience, while concentrating on the skills you learned from it.
- 8.Tell me how you will contribute towards the development of the school.