Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essay | Interview Questions
ESSEC MIM Introduction
The ESSEC MIM Grande Ecole program is one of the oldest and most prestigious Master-in-Management programs in the world. Its objective is to educate the next generation of responsible top leaders. ESSEC MIM Class Profile brings together diverse students with different goals in its portfolio, throughout the studies, students will be able to design their own learning path, become an entrepreneur of their own learning journey, tapping into any of the program’s 47 specialization tracks, offered on ESSEC campuses in Paris, Singapore, and Morocco. Scroll down for further information on ESSEC MIM Average GMAT, ESSEC Mim Class Profile, ESSEC MIM Application process, employment report, ESSEC Mim fees, and more.
The ESSEC Master in Management program is ranked #4 by the Financial Times in 2017 and combines the best of a prestigious French “Grande Ecole” program with a unique exposure to international experiences with two world-class campuses in both Paris and Singapore. The program duration is of a 15-month bi-campus program providing dual gateway to European and Asian financial markets. Being among the top five schools of management, ESSEC is a wise choice for a MiM. Courses are tailor-made for students’ convenience. Campuses in three different countries mean exposure to a world-class lifestyle. More than 90 partnering networks ensure placements, skyrocketing job growth, and fulfilled degree.
Along with a great curriculum, ESSEC has a great corporate network as well. The placements of ESSEC Master in Management students speak for themselves with a lot of students being placed in well-paid jobs in France, the UK, Germany & several other countries. ESSEC has by far the strongest apprenticeship program placements, where students work for 3 days at a company and study for 2 days at the school. In return, the company pays the entire tuition fees and also gives a healthy stipend to the student. This is an extremely economical way to finance your studies.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The ESSEC Master in Management is for people who want to work in a complex environment: ambitious, disruptive future leaders who want to focus in systemic thinking.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The ESSEC Master in Management is designed to help students develop a global vision of business as well as leadership and managerial abilities.
WHERE WILL IT TAKE YOU?
Common new graduate roles for the ESSEC MIM class profile include:
General Management, Consulting, Foreign Trade Accounting, International Marketing, International Cooperation, Trade Promotion
ESSEC MIM Program
ESSEC MIM Review
|Program Starts||September 2020|
|Duration||2 Years average|
|Location||France, Singapore & Morocco|
|Intake 2020||Cergy Campus (Non-French Speakers) | 24 Aug 2020
Cergy Campus (French Speakers) | 14 Sept 2020
Asia-Pacific Campus | 14 Sept 2020
|FT Global MIM 2019 Ranking||#3|
|ESSEC MIM Fees||€41,900|
|ESSEC MIM Application Deadlines||24 October to 29 May (For intermediate deadlines see application deadline section)|
|ESSEC MIM Application Process||· GMAT/GRE TAGE MAGE score
· One-page resume
· 2 letters of recommendation
· English language proficiency test report (IELTS/TOEFL/TOEIC/Cambridge)
· Interview (For more details see application process section)
ESSEC MIM Program & Curriculam
ESSEC France Campus
The year starts with refresher courses geared at bringing your current knowledge to required levels. This way, students will be able to truly participate in the more challenging courses that will follow. After that, from trimester 2 onwards, students will personalize their own curriculum: next to following core courses one can choose from the many electives. (more than 200!)
ESSEC Singapore Campus
Exclusively in Singapore, refresher courses are integrated with hands-on business consultancy experience with respectable firms operating in Asia (Club Med, Sodexo, etc.). From the challenges of social business to entrepreneurial initiative, students will be able to put their knowledge into practice. Students will have the unique opportunity to simultaneously apply these skills through “Junior Consultant Experiences”. In addition to refresher courses, students carry out three projects in groups:
1) Company Project: consulting mission case study set by a leading company based in Asia.
2) Social Business: consulting mission to understand how business approaches can be relevant to the development of social and non-profit organizations based in Asia.
3) Build your Own Project: students will develop their entrepreneurial spirit by creating and managing an event dedicated to the whole ESSEC Asia-Pacific community.
- Finanacial Accounting and Reporting
- Organisational Theory and Behaviour
- Management Control
- Marketing Management
- Business Economics
- Strategy and Management
- Principles of Finance
- Information Systems/Technology for Managers
- Law or Operations
200+ Elective Courses from 8 teaching departments
- Accounting and Management Control
- Public and Private Policy
- Operations Management
- Information Systems, Decision Sciences and Statistics
ESSEC is home to many clubs like –
- ESSEC Solution Enterprises
- ESSEC Flying Club
- ESSEC Divercity
- Extreme ESSEC
- ESSEC Initiatives
In today's job market, you have to be able to work in and understand multicultural and multi-linguistic teams, which this minimum 6 months of international exposure, whether it be through your studies and/or work experience, will bring you.
These 6 months of international exposure should be outside the country of origin (nationality/residence) and this can be done through work or study.
- Multi-campus - study at one or all of our ESSEC campuses in France, Singapore and Morocco to get a taste of management training in European, Asian and African contexts and build up professional networks on both continents.
- Exchange programme - spend a semester or two at one of ESSEC 105 partner universities worldwide and not only have the time of your life and open yourself up personally but know what it is like to study in another prestigious institution with a different way of doing and seeing things.
- Double degree programme - become fully immersed in another culture and country, acquire two sets of competencies and experience two ways of learning through one of 11 double degree programs. Check out the double-degree programs below:
Australia: UQ Business School, University of Queensland; Canada: Queen's School of Business; China: Guanghua School of Management, Peking University; Germany: University of Mannheim; India: Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad; Italy: Università commerciale Luigi Bocconi of Milan; Japan: Keio Business School; Mexico: EGADE Business School; Singapore: Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University; South Korea: Graduate School of Business, Seoul National University; Graduate School of International Studies, Seoul National University (GLIMPSE Double Degree)
ESSEC MIM Class Profile
ESSEC MIM Placements
ESSEC Master in Management Placements facts:
- 70% of students secured employment prior to graduation
- 93%within four months
- 100% within six months
- 55,000€ average starting salary
- 65,000€ average starting salary for those working outside of France
- 37% have jobs outside their country of origin
ESSEC Alumni Info
A wide variety of roles and industries reflecting ESSEC’s alumni diversity. ESSEC has a network of 55,000 alumni based all over the world. ESSEC alumni work in renowned companies, in public institutions, non governmental organizations or in higher education institutions.
|Rounds||Application Deadline||Shortlisted Results||Interviews||Admission Results|
|PreSelected Chinese university applicants||26 Sep 2019||9 Oct 2019||14-15 Oct 2019||18 Oct 2019|
|Round 1||24 Oct 2019||14 Nov 2019||21-25 Nov 2019||29 Nov 2019|
|Round 2||7 Jan 2020||4 Feb 2020||12-21 Feb 2020||27 Feb 2020|
|Round 3||3 Mar2020||27 Mar 2020||Direct admissions or Online Interview||22 Apr 2020|
|Round 4||28 Apr 2020||22 May 2020||Direct admissions or Online Interview||10 June 2020|
*Preselected Universities – Fudan University, Harbin Institute of Technology, Nanjing University, Peking University, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Sun Yat-Sen University, Tsinghua University, Wuhan University, Zhejiang University. Students from these universities may also apply later in rounds 1 to 4.
ESSEC MIM Application Process
Eligibility for ESSEC MIM Application Process
- The minimum eligibility for ESSEC MIM Application Process is a 3-4 year bachelor’s degree in any field, from a top university/school located in or outside France.
- The applicant is preferred to be under 32 years of age
- The applicant is should not have extensive work experience
Documents required for ESSEC MIM Application Process
- Online application form.
- Application Essays: 1 SOP & 2 long essays.
- GMAT/GRE/TAGE MAGE/CAT Score.
- One page CV.
- 2 Letter of recommendations: One academic & one professional.
- A copy of the college transcript.
- IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC score (for some international students).
- Application fee of 95 euros.
All the application material must be mailed to the ESSEC office in France. Note: Though work experience is not mandatory, 3-6 months of work experience is preferred.
ESSEC MIM FEES
|Application Fee||Total tuition for EU Nationals||Total tuition for Non- EU Nationals||ESSEC Alumni||Living Cost|
A non-refundable fee of €6,000 has to be paid within two weeks of the admission and then will be deducted from ESSEC MIM Grande Ecole program tuition fees.
ESSEC MIM Funding
ESSEC Academic Excellence
- Description: To sustain the academic excellence of the program
- Eligibility: All international candidates demonstrating high-quality academic profile: outstanding GMAT score, strong motivation, etc.
- Amount: Can cover up to 40% of total tuition fees
- Procedure: Awarded with the admission decision at each session of admission.No additional application or request.
Diversity of Geography & Profiles
- Description: To sustain the diversity of student body
- Eligibility: Be a citizen of all countries (except France)
- Amount: Up to 25% of total tuition fees
- Procedure: Awarded with the admission decision at each session of admission.No additional application or request.
- Description: The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs funds the EIFFEL scholarship.
- Eligibility: Reserved for non-French candidates, double nationality included, no older than 30 years old at the time the selection committee will meet (around mid-March).
- Amount: A monthly allowance of €1,181 and covered costs of one international return journey and social security cover.
- Procedure: ESSEC submits applications for EIFFEL scholarships on your behalf. Your application should be completed and submitted therefore in the first round of applications.
As an ESSEC student, you can take out a preferential rate bank loan, which covers full tuition and is repaid starting at the end of your first year of work. Loan applicants are required to have a guarantor living in France. According to the banks, the guarantor must earn enough to cover the monthly loan payments but also either be a French citizen, a close family member, and/or both. Additional fees and expenses will be the responsibility of the student.
International Students from 150 different nationalities admitted to the ESSEC MIM Grande Ecole program may now apply to Prodigy Finance loans. Contrary to the banks in France, Prodigy does not require collateral or co-signer. These loans are granted based on the student’s future earning potential and do not take into account credit history. Students may apply online on the Prodigy website. There is no hidden fee or early repayment fee. Interest rates may vary depending on individual profiles. Funds are directly disbursed to the school in euro (€) so no exchange rates are borne by the student. Disbursement starts from September and loan application processing time may go up to a month and a half. The sooner you apply, the better. We advise you to read carefully the Prodigy website to check your eligibility before applying.
ESSEC employs its’ students in a wide variety of functions which can help towards everyday living costs. These are part-time short-term contracts in for example assisting teachers, carrying out market research, helping out at conferences and events, contributing to social media, etc.
Apprenticeship contracts at ESSEC Business School are accepted on the condition that the content of the assignment and the financial stipulations with the company have been validated by ESSEC Business School prior to the start date of the contract. An apprenticeship is a special way for students to acquire professional experience within the program, where students alternate study at ESSEC and work at a company at the same time. Different ‘rhythms’ of alternating are possible. Some students do it on a weekly basis: they work for 3 days and study at ESSEC for 2 days per week. Others have a quarterly basis, where they work for 3 months, followed by 3 months of studying, etc.
Another advantage of an apprenticeship is that you follow the course free of tuition fee for the whole duration of the program. Other tuition charges may apply (ESSEC Alumni, etc.). The company also pays students a salary each month. Under French law, non-EU citizens require a permit (carte de séjour) which is given after you have spent one year in France before signing the Apprenticeship contract.
ESSEC Master in Management Sample Essays Tips
What matters most to you, and why?Tell us the values and experiences that have shaped the person you are?(maximum 400 words)
Although the question may seem simple, answering it proves to be challenging for many students. This question is at the heart of ESSEC and most often entangles the applicants’ thoughts while they come up with brainy answers.To write for this essay, you shall rack your brain on a person, event, or experience that has incredibly impacted you and then speculate on what morals, values, and lessons you had accumulated.
Dig deep into how such experiences influenced your motive and vision towards life. Eventually, you must showcase how your personal and professional development is associated with all the contexts specified. Remember to mention and orient your skills in a way that resonates with your values and experiences, which the ESSEC Business School foresees in its incoming batch.
ESSEC Master in Management Interview Questions
ESSEC Master in Management Interviews are conducted by a three-member panel and is a bit different than other B-schools in the sense, it is a 40-minute long conversation where the interviewee is not really grilled but instead, there is a healthy conversation between the panel and the interviewee.
ESSEC MIM Grande Ecole program Interview Frequently Asked Questions
Profile Based Questions
- Tell me about one of your strengths which were previously a weakness
- Are you great with numbers for you to have a spectacular GMAT score?
- Why do you want to leave your family business? /Why do you want to leave your previous job?
- Any specific sector you want to proceed in?
- What is the best way to inspire people?
- Give an example of a “let down” and what did you do to make up for it?
- Why do you want to pursue ‘<‘degree name’>’?
- What are the short term and long term goals?
- How will the program help you achieve your career goals?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years down the lane?
- Why do you want to study at <country_name>?
- Which other universities are you applying to? Why?