Cambridge Judge MIF
Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essay | Interview Questions
Cambridge Judge MIF Introduction
The Cambridge MFin focuses on the theory and practice of finance, drawing upon the University of Cambridge’s long heritage of excellence in teaching and research. Cambridge Judge MIF programme is a few of the only a few Master of Finance programmes in which 100% of the class has existing work experience in finance. Judge MIF Class Profile brings together diverse students with different goals in its portfolio. The programme lasts for 12 months and consists of nine months of taught courses and an individual project carried out over the summer. Between July and September students are required to complete a mandatory summer activity. Scroll down for further information on Cambridge Judge MIF Average GMAT, Cambridge Judge MIF Class Profile, Cambridge Judge MIF Application process, employment report, Cambridge Judge MIF fees, and more.
- One of only a few Master of Finance programmes in which 100% of the class has existing work experience in finance.
- The Master of Finance is taught within Cambridge Judge Business School – a world-class provider of business education that has strong links with the banking and finance industry.
- The School is situated at the heart of the University of Cambridge – a world-renowned institution with an outstanding heritage of teaching and research in finance.
- Finance practitioners play a central role in the delivery of the programme – through teaching, seminars, and involvement in projects.
- All of this combines to produce an exciting array of opportunities through which to develop your career in the finance industry.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The Cambridge Master of Finance program is for people who want to work in a complex environment: ambitious, disruptive future leaders who want to focus in systemic thinking.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The Cambridge MFin will provide the tools to broaden your finance knowledge and develop your professional skills. You will emerge with the knowledge, confidence, and connections to break through to the next stage of your finance career.
WHERE WILL IT TAKE YOU?
Common new graduate roles for the Judge MIF class profile include:
Data Science, Risk Management, Accounting, Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, Private wealth Management, Consulting.
Cambridge Judge MFin Program
Cambridge Judge MIF Review
|Program Starts||September 2021|
|Location||University in Cambridge, England|
|QS World Global MIF 2020 Ranking||#6|
|Cambridge Judge MIF Fees||£47,125|
|Cambridge Judge MIF Application Deadlines||Admissions for September 2021 entry will open on 1 September 2020 (For intermediate deadlines see application deadline section)|
|Cambridge Judge MIF Application Process||. GMAT/GRE score
· English language proficiency test report (IELTS/TOEFL)
. All official transcripts (For more details see application process section)
Cambridge Judge MIF Program & Curriculam
- Economic Foundations of Finance
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Fundamentals of Credit
- Introduction to Derivatives
- Management Lecture Series
- Management Practice
- Principles of Finance
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Advanced Credit
- Algorithmic Trading
- Alternative Channels of Finance
- Asian Capital Markets
- Behavioural Finance
- Financial Reporting and Capital Markets
- Fintech – Blockchain Applications
- Fixed Income Analysis
- Further Derivatives
- Further Econometrics: Time Series
- Infrastructure Finance
- Innovation in Financial Markets
- International Finance
- International Macroeconomics and Finance
- Liquid Alternatives and Hedge Funds
- Mathematical Foundations of FinTech
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- New Venture Finance
- Principles of Financial Regulation
- Private Equity
- Quantitative Asset Allocation
- Real Estate Finance
- Risk Management
- The Circular Economy
- The Purpose of Finance
- Topics in Investment Management
- Understanding the International Economy and
- Financial System
- Venture Capital
- Wealth Management
*please note that the specific courses on offer are subject to change from year to year
Equity Research Project
In groups, students produce an equity research report with a valuation, recommendation and analysis of risk. The report is designed to advise on the investment potential of that company and make an active recommendation to buy or sell shares in the company. The team present their results to a group of actual investment managers and equity analysts.
Group Consulting Project
In teams, students spend a month working on a project for a client on a financial consulting topic. This provides students with the opportunity to complement their existing professional experience with the new knowledge they have acquired on the programme, while gaining hands on experience working on a real assignment for a host company. In previous years, GCPs were hosted by such companies as Amadeus Capital Partners, Barclays, BlackRock, BNY Mellon, Citigroup, Invesco, and the World Bank Group.
This programme is intended to train students in financial model building best practice through a series of hands on exercises including the construction of a fully integrated model from scratch.
In the summer, you must undertake one of the following activities
• An Individual Project.
• Bespoke project opportunities with our corporate partners may be available
• A choice of a number of elective courses.
• An internship or work placement. Students source their own internships based on their areas of interest.
• A summer programme at Tsinghua University, PBC School of Finance, China (please note that places are limited
Students are also required to complete a 1,500 word end of year report, reflecting on their MFin experience and learning outcomes.
The Cambridge Business School Club (CBSC)
Run by MBA as well as MFin students, it exists to complement the Judge Business School experience by fostering interactions between students, companies and other business schools. The CBSC enables students to connect with each other, the business school, the local community, and the world at large; through organising business, social, sports, cultural and community events.
Cambridge University Finance and Investment Society (CUFIS)
The Cambridge University Finance and Investment Society (CUFIS) is the largest finance and investment society at the
University of Cambridge with over 2,500 members. Founded in 2001, the club invests a £28,000 fund (the Relative Return Fund) directly in capital markets. The club arranges events for sponsoring Banks and Finance houses; and organises various workshops in Investment Banking, Sales and Trading, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Hedge Funds,
and Investment Management.
Cambridge Judge MIF Rankings
Cambridge Judge MIF Placements
Cambridge Judge Master of Finance Placements Facts
- An average salary increase of 89 percent.
- The average salary of $131,821(USD).
- Ninety-one percent employed three months after graduation.
- Aims achieved with 83 percent of Judge responding alumni saying they fulfilled their goals or reasons for doing a masters.
Cambridge Judge Alumni Info
Cambridge Judge Business School’s alumni network allows students to keep in touch with fellow students and the School after graduation. This growing network also offers mutual support for students at the School. Cambridge holds a number of networking events throughout the year, with alumni currently working in finance. There are over 400 MFin alumni working in more than 40 countries around the world. Cambridge alumni work in a large number of different finance areas, functions, and top global companies. The MFin programme team helps to organize various local alumni gatherings around the world. For more information please see the Meet us page.
Cambridge Judge MIF Application Process Deadline
Applications for September 2020 are now open.
Final deadline: 31 May 2020
Cambridge Judge MIF Application Process
Eligibility for Cambridge Judge MIF Application Process
- At least a high UK 2:1 or equivalent, although a First Class degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ graduate work experience in core finance or finance-related role is a pre-requisite for Judge MIF Application Process
- Professional Bachelor’s (at least 4 years) in professional subjects such as Agriculture, Architecture, Business Administration, Business Management, Business Studies, Computer Applications, Engineering, Fine Arts, Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery, Law, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, and Technology or Bachelor of Arts / Science / Commerce (3-4 years) from well-ranked institutions with an overall grade of 70% or CGPA 7.3+.For Indian students
- IELTS, TOEFL, CAE (C1 Advanced) and CPE (C2 Proficiency)
- GMAT/GRE Optional
Documents required for Cambridge Judge MIF Application Process
- Online application form
- A non-refundable application fee of £120
- IELTS, TOEFL Score
- GMAT/GRE score (optional)
- Copy of transcripts and degree certificates
|Estimated Living Expenses||£14,500|
Cambridge Judge MIF Funding
Cambridge Judge Scholarships
MFin Progamme Scholarships
- Amount: Varies each year but awards are usally from £5,000 to £25,000
- Eligibility: All those who are offered a place on the programme maybe considered. Awards are academic merit and needs based.
- Deadlines: Rolling until awarded
St Catharine’s College Benavitch Scholarship
- Amount: £10,000
- Eligibility: All candidates with a first class degree or GPA over 3.7. You will need specify St Catharine’s as your college prefrence and apply to be a member of this college in order to be considered for this scholarship.
- Deadline: 25 Feb 2020
The Central bank Scholarships
- Amount: Varies but normally around 20% of the MFin tuition fee. The central bank will need to make a matching scholarships contribution.
- Eligibility: Applicants must work at central banks or other ‘Official Sector’ organisations, and must return to their employer on completion of the MFin. This scholarship is intended mainly for emerging economy institutions.
- Deadlines: Rolling until awaited
LIFE Lebanon Scholarship
- Amount: £12.000 towards tuition fees
- Eligibility: Candidates must demonstrate exceptional academic merit, be ordinarily resident in Lebanon and demonstrate a desire to use the skills gained from the MFin in Lebanon after graduation. Preference will be given to candidates in financial need.
- Deadline: TBC
The Prodigy Finance Loan Programme is available to help you finance your MBA or Master of Finance programme at Cambridge Judge Business School.Once you have been offered a place on the Cambridge Judge Business School MBA or Master of Finance, you can apply directly for a loan through Prodigy’s website.
- UK Government Postgraduate Loans
- UK Private Graduate Loans (Professional and Career Development Loans)
- Canadian Loans
- US Federal Loans
- Indian Loans
Cambridge Judge Master of Finance Sample Essays
Describe a situation where you had to work jointly with others to achieve a common goal. What did you learn from the experience?
I was assigned as a consultant to a project team looking at reducing insurance claim cycle time. The team was comprised of an additional consultant who together we had to review the analysis done by an analyst, draw conclusions, and prepare the presentation with our proposed solution for the project manager to deliver.
The analyst was relatively young. Although an experienced consultant already trained him on a previous project, his lack of experience showed and some of his deliverables fell short of expectations.
I offered to re-distribute the work. While the second consultant and the PM would focus on the proposed solution and the presentation, I would mentor the analyst and focus on analyzing existing processes. The team agreed, knowing that we would have to put extra time in order to save the project. I reviewed with the analyst the required deliverables and we performed the analysis together while ensuring he understands the requirements for future engagements.
Eventually, the client accepted our recommendations, and the insurance claim cycle time improved by 15% as anticipated. It was extremely satisfying to see the benefit of real teamwork. I learned the importance of clear guidance, mutual support, and flexibility in task assignment.
What did you learn from your most spectacular failure?
While a Product Manager at _____, I began planning to launch a new hair-care product, which I forecast would become the biggest growth engine in the hair care category in my country.
After three months, we were ready, on time, to launch in May. This was crucial, as our major competitor was planning to launch a similar product in July. Then, mid-April, I learned that only half of the volume we had ordered would be ready in time. My manager suggested postponing, but with the competition breathing down our necks, I convinced him we must launch on schedule. The product’s success was beyond our imaginations. After 20 days we ran out, with no new stock expected for an entire month. Our distributors and clients lost confidence; the end-consumers felt deceived to have been offered a product and then told it was unavailable. It was an enormous failure.
However, I learned the importance of listening carefully to warnings, and that however much I might want something, I must do thorough due diligence before acting, and know when to stop, re-evaluate and start again – lessons that have since helped me succeed in other projects.
Cambridge Judge Master of Finance Interview Questions
Judge contact students directly via email to let them know and to arrange the interview. Interviews take place on a set day every month and in most cases, the interviews will take place in Cambridge or via video. In some instances, it is possible for interviews to be conducted off-site. Students can discuss this with the Admissions Officer once shortlisted.
Interviews will be conducted by the MFin Director or other members of the Finance faculty. Candidates who attend the interview in Cambridge will get the opportunity to meet with faculty, MFin staff and have a tour of the facilities at Cambridge Judge Business School. The interviews tend to last between 30-60 minutes. While interviewees can receive a wide variety of interview questions, the interview’s main focus is determining if the applicant will perform academically and contribute to the Cambridge Judge experience.