Imperial College MSc BA
Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essay | Interview Questions
Imperial College MSc BA program prepares graduates for a future of data-driven and evidence-based decision making. Available in two study modes, this programme is available as a one year, full-time programme, studied at the Imperial campus in London, or as a part-time, two-year online programme, studied from anywhere in the world. Scroll down for further information on Imperial College MSc BA Average GMAT, Imperial College MSc BA Class Profile, Imperial College MSc BA Application process, employment report, Imperial College MSc BA fees, and more.
Imperial College MSc Business Analytics program prepares graduates for a future of data-driven and evidence-based decision making. Imperial College MSc BA Class Profile brings together diverse students with different goals in its portfolio. Students will learn how to apply the latest academic thinking and analytical and computing tools to help make business decisions, from leading practitioners and world-class faculty. Imperial College is consistently ranked in the top 10 universities globally, recognized as a world leader in the study and analysis of data.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Imperial College MSc Business Analytics is for people who see the possibilities and the power of using data to support decision making.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Imperial College MSc Business Analytics identify, collect, analyze, interpret, and transform data to drive value and innovation. You’ll use Python and R, as well as standard data science libraries and tools. And you’ll work in multidisciplinary groups in collaboration with world-leading companies.
WHERE WILL IT TAKE YOU?
Common new graduate roles for the Imperial College MSc BA class profile include:
Data Scientists, Analytics Consultants, Business Intelligence Consultants, Big Data Analytics Officers, Data Solutions Architects
Imperial College MSc BA Review
|Program Starts||September 2020|
|QS World Global MSc BA 2020 Ranking||#5|
|Imperial College MSc BA Fees||£29,500|
|Imperial CollegeMSc BA Application Deadlines||Applications are open (For intermediate deadlines see application deadline section)|
|Imperial College MSc BA Application Process||· GMAT/GRE,
· One-page resume
· 2 Letter of recommendation
· English language proficiency test report (IELTS/TOEFL)
. Interview (For more details see application process section)
Imperial college MSc BA Program & Curriculum
Imperial College MSc BA Students Academic Backgrounds
Imperial College MSc BA Placements Facts
- 97% Employed within three months
- 30% Employed in Consulting
- 46% Employed in the UK
Imperial College Alumni Info
The Imperial College Business School alumni network has 18,500 members, spanning in 190 countries. The imperial alumni network gives you lifelong access to a community of entrepreneurs and decision-makers across every sector.
Imperial College Placements By Sector
|Transportation & Logistics||2%|
Deadlines for 2020 entry
MSc Business Analytics (on-campus, full-time): There is one intake each year in September. Applications for 2020 are now open.
MSc Business Analytics (online delivery, part-time): There is one intake each year in September. Applications for 2020 are now open.
Eligibility for Imperial College MSc BA Application Process
- First or Upper Second Class Honours undergraduate degree from a recognized university or the international equivalent in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer science, Engineering, Physics, A quantitative economics degree.
- IELTS (academic): A minimum score of 7.0 with minimum scores of 6.5 in all elements
- TOEFL iBT: A minimum score of 100
- Quantitative Experience Statement on the application form to list the most advanced quantitative courses that you have taken in your academic career to date and to provide brief examples of the relevant topics covered by the programme.
- GMAT is not required for MSc Business Analytics, but a well-balanced GMAT result with 650 or higher overall and a good result in the quantitative reasoning section will add weight to your application.
Documents required for Imperial College MSc BA Application Process
- Online application form
- Application processing fee of £80
- Quantitative experience certificate
- Career planning statement
- 2 letters of recommendation one of them must be academic
- All official transcripts
- GMAT/GRE results (not compulsory)
- Personal statement
- IELTS, TOEFL results
The fees for entry to MSc Business Analytics (online delivery, part-time) in 2020 are the same for both UK and international students.
- Fee: £29,500
- Deposit: £1,475
The fees for entry to MSc Business Analytics (on-campus, full-time) in September 2020 are the same for both UK and international students.
- Fee: £29,500
- Deposit: £2,950
Technology and Innovation Scholarship
- Amount: £20,000
- How to apply: School will like to know about you and your suitability for the scholarship via video response to the following question, which you should prepare for in advance:
- Describe a time when you used technology to find an innovative solution to solve a specific real-world problem or meet a certain goal. The video should be no longer than 3 minutes and must be submitted and recorded via imperial partner Kira Talent, by 2 March 2020. Please click here to access Kira Talent.
- Eligibility: Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria.
- Requirements: A demonstrable passion for innovation and technology. A strong academic background and/or academic potential. The overall strength of students application and references Video response
- Deadline: 2 March 2020
Imperial Business Scholarship – up to £10,000
- Amount: Up to £10,000
- Eligibility: Candidates who apply before the deadlines below and receive an offer for the programme commencing in September 2020 will automatically be considered. Please use your personal statement to highlight your proudest achievements inside and outside the classroom.
- Requirements: An excellent application, demonstrating academic merit, strong professional or internship experience, clear career plan, and leadership potential. Your references
- Deadline: 2 March 2020
Prodigy Finance is a provider of loans to international postgraduate students at the world’s top business schools. The Prodigy Finance loan programme is available to full-time Master’s programmes students. You will be eligible to apply for the Prodigy Finance loan programme once you have a firm offer of a place to study on the programme. Admitted students can apply directly through Prodigy’s website and the school will provide further information at the time of offer. The loan amount is capped at the cost of tuition less deposit and any scholarship awarded.
Lendwise is a specialist loan provider dedicated to education finance for UK residents who are looking to fund their postgraduate studies at top universities. For Imperial College London, North American and EU nationals will also be considered for a Lendwise loan. Full-time programme students who are approved for a Lendwise loan will have access to a grace period that allows for repayment to start after graduation. The interest rate offered will depend on the overall applicant profile.
Imperial College MSc Business Analytics Sample Essays Tips
List your target organization (s) and role?
Through this prompt, the Adcom seeks to step in your shoes to evaluate the goals and benchmarks you set for yourself.
The target organization (s) and role are the ones that fit your interests, have the work culture you desire, and/or have a mission you wish to contribute towards. In short, the admission committee prompts to comprehend the employers you would love to work for and the roles you seek to embark on in light of your academic background. Moreover, you may also demonstrate your skills and experience to succeed in your chosen role.
Your answer to this question enables the Adcom to evaluate where you position and envision yourself in the near future. Hence, applicants cautiously should screen their academic records, refine their interest areas, and enlist their target organizations.
What gaps in your skillset do you need to develop to prepare for this career?
The skills gap is essentially the difference between skills desired by employers and the actual skill set held by the employees or prospects.
To identify the gaps in your skillset, you will need to conduct a skills gap analysis. Firstly, identify the skills required for the role you plan to build your career in and then contrast it with your present skill set or knowledge. Subsequently, you shall write your answer along the lines of the skill gap that need to be addressed for the career or role you desire to pursue and the remedies or training you look after to bridge the skills gap. This way the admission committee construes your keenness to improvise in light of your career goals.
Please use this section to provide any useful information, such as extenuating circumstances or gaps in your CV, which is not covered elsewhere in your application?
This essay question needs to be answered through your wit. Abstain from specifying the particulars that are conveyed by your resume and other essay answers. Incidents of year gap, severely low grades, profession changes, and other professional or academic weaknesses can be quoted via this prompt.
Also, ensure how you overcame the weakness or improvised your performance concerning the academic and/or professional facets. Describe the event concisely and base the expression of your essay answer as forward-looking. Moreover, you can elaborate on what you have done in your recent past to demonstrate your skills and intelligence to the admission jury. Anything that you opt to bring to light must be reasoned appropriately.
Imperial College MSc Business Analytics Interview Questions
Imperial launched Kira academic to make a more informed decision about the applicant selection. This is because the platform facilitates recorded interviews and having a recorded interview means that all of the selectors can view your interview, rather than just one. You get 1-2 Minutes To Record Your Answers For Each Kira Interview Question.
If you are invited to submit a video interview, you will be sent details of how to access and use the Kira Talent online interview platform. Please make sure that the invitation doesn’t go to your junk mail by adding kiratalent.com to your list of safe senders. Once you have created an account, you will be asked a series of questions, to which you can record your answers as short videos and submit them online.
You must complete your online interview by the deadline stated in the email. If the email has gone into a junk, spam, or clutter folder in your inbox, we will not be able to rearrange a new interview for you, and your application will be considered for withdrawal.
A great way to prepare for your interview is to use the Kira Prep function. Here you will be able to practice responding to general timed spoken and written questions, review your responses, and unlock additional tips.